The way it is just now

Old 01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The way it is just now

I am up in the air, and frankly at least am dry again.
The flooding in Queensland is south of me, west of me, and north is expecting to cop it again.......Miss Piggy in the middle?

Thank God I stocked up, and can survive reasonably well, at least til power goes off, if my area of Mackay blows like some other parts have done. The last few days over 60,000 homes in 3 major towns have had power outage, and some folks are learning that life is more than air conditioning or freezers.

The army is using our old Caribou helicopters to take food and essentials down to cut off towns, because the huge transport planes can land here, and no fixed wing aircraft can land in those towns.

To give you some idea of area that is flooded, we are looking at one and a half times the area of the state of Texas. That is BIG.

Of course when all subsides, every single thing we buy, food, goods, fuel and TAXES of course, will be heading skywards to cover the billions of dollars in agriculture losses, building and housing repairs and roads and bridge rebuilding.

I have a friend who is stuck in an evacuation centre with her 3 kids and the most active AH I know. By now he should be going right off his nut, as she told me he was starting yesterday morning to blame her......you see he has no beer, and no way of getting any for a while.

I hope he really flips, and does so in front of emergency folks, who will be able to get him out of the way and give her some peace for a bit.

Anyway, sun shining and washing finished so, out on the line to dry....God willing.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Makes one count their blessings
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was watching videos on the flooding on CNN and holy cow! I'm glad your area is dry, and you are stocked up, dear!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thank you for the update; I was a little worried about you cause I didn't recall seeing any recent posts from you Jadmack. Stay well.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Take care dear Jadmack.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I thought of you tonight when I saw our world news. Prayers going your way. I wish I could zap you here for a visit until things dry out in your area.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jadmacl,
how awful for everyone. makes you realize how very wonderful a boring everyday life really is.

hugs,
chicory
Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I thought about you as well when listening to NPR news... *prayers*
Old 01-04-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank you for posting, I"m so glad you're ok. natural disasters are good for accepting powerlessness, I would expect, but I"m sure you want this to end and soon!
God Bless us all-as Coyote says.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Can't wait for when rest of the Lucky Country, finds out that the effects of this is heading their way....watch prices of everything climb.

Got a few vegies this morning and freaked as cost was sky high. Trucks have to do an extra 1000 klms to get here, and boy are we paying for it.
My back garden flowers are looking scared, as I began imagining what vegies could take their place.

Thank you all for your thoughts, words and prayers, they are much appreciated.
Poor Rocky is to reach flood peak shortly, and more will see their homes and places of work disappear under the waters.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Jadmack, I am so glad to read one of your posts again. I've been missing reading your posts. Praise God you are safe! I wish I could command Scotty to "Beam you up" and transport you here to Texas! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your love ones!

Phoenix
Old 01-05-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Jadmack))) - thank you for posting, I'd been worried about you. Big hugs and prayers to you, and all those who are being affected.

Amy