View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

The way it is just now

I am up in the air, and frankly at least am dry again.
The flooding in Queensland is south of me, west of me, and north is expecting to cop it again.......Miss Piggy in the middle?

Thank God I stocked up, and can survive reasonably well, at least til power goes off, if my area of Mackay blows like some other parts have done. The last few days over 60,000 homes in 3 major towns have had power outage, and some folks are learning that life is more than air conditioning or freezers.

The army is using our old Caribou helicopters to take food and essentials down to cut off towns, because the huge transport planes can land here, and no fixed wing aircraft can land in those towns.

To give you some idea of area that is flooded, we are looking at one and a half times the area of the state of Texas. That is BIG.

Of course when all subsides, every single thing we buy, food, goods, fuel and TAXES of course, will be heading skywards to cover the billions of dollars in agriculture losses, building and housing repairs and roads and bridge rebuilding.

I have a friend who is stuck in an evacuation centre with her 3 kids and the most active AH I know. By now he should be going right off his nut, as she told me he was starting yesterday morning to blame her......you see he has no beer, and no way of getting any for a while.

I hope he really flips, and does so in front of emergency folks, who will be able to get him out of the way and give her some peace for a bit.

Anyway, sun shining and washing finished so, out on the line to dry....God willing.