One Week Down..........

Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Week Down..........

And for the most part I feel good- Having anxiety issues with AH gone but seeing Gp for that today. AH has his moments of I'm sorry for causing you pain- to calling me horrible names and talking to the neighbors about what a B I am. I will not play his silly games. Tried to be civil and it led to aggression and name calling. Will not talk to him anymore and will continue on my path of healing. He has said this will get ugly - he wants alimony - he wants everything. At this point if I have to I will walk away from the house and let the dumbass lose it - I need to protect my sanity and health. He has no job ! Good lord - How in the world did I end up with such a jerk and for 10 years. Breaks my heart!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Least you won't be with him for the next ten years, that's plenty of time for your heart to heal.

Try and stay positive, look on the bright side of things and look forward to the future. I found dwelling on stuff in the past makes me feel resentful and bitter. I still have my off days and my angry days but I try not to dwell on what I should have done differently because I can't change it.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chaotically Peaceful

So happy for you that you have had 7 days of at least a greater level of peace, if not total peace. The cool thing is, it just gets better and better from here!

I've dealt with the I love you/I hate you rollercoaster, too. I just try to focus on not getting on the ride myself...he can go that one alone, arms in the car at all times or not. His words are his only way of hurting you right now so he's going to pull out every single threat he has available in an attempt to halt your individual growth and progress.

Way to go! Here's to the next week!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for going to the dr. about anxiety..too many people are afraid to ask for help!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with keepinon.
Get some help for the anxiety.
And try not to awfulize the future, it will make you more anxious.
Practice staying in this moment.
I know how difficult it can be, but if I can learn to do it, anyone can.
(I was well practiced with the "what awful thing will befall me next")
You can do it redheadsusie.

Beth
Old 12-21-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you ladies- Your pep talks make me smile! Since my Mom died this year - I don't have that "Mom" love coming at me and your words of positivity and encouragement mean the world! With love, Redheadsusie
Old 12-21-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are doing great! You are taking care of yourself and making healthy decisions about not talking to people that get aggressive and verbally abusive. Remind yourself of how smart you are when you are feeling anxious or uncertain.

My xah threatened all kinds of 'ugly' stuff. He loved to tell me to lawyer up. While there was some dealing back and forth he did not follow through on any of his 'ugly' threats. 1) He was drinking to much to do anything but bluster 2) Lawyers cost money and he had no job

One day this will all be behind you. Hang in there.