Need to Vent

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 83
Need to Vent

My STBExAH is a complete and utter moron. I texted him today to confirm some details for our divorce paperwork. Ie. city of birth, work address, home address etc. Tells me he quit his job.

Meanwhile we agreed that he'll be on my insurance until the end of the year. He has major thyroid problems (supposedly) and is supposed to have surgery to remove it. Then he tells me that the apartment he's staying in is illegal and his mail keeps getting sent back to the post office.

Um ok so you need to have major surgery, have no job, insurance that's about to run out in a month and your living in an illegal apartment. What a winner...

Worst part is that I have a feeling it's going to be harder than I think to get this divorce done with.
BklynGrl is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BklynGrl For This Useful Post:
JenT1968 (11-29-2010), Live (11-29-2010), nodaybut2day (11-29-2010), Phoenixthebird (11-29-2010), seekingcalm (11-29-2010), TakingCharge999 (11-29-2010)
Old 11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am
transformyself's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,210
Blog Entries: 2
Vent away Girl In Brooklyn.

Yes, he's a moron. Yes this will be harder than you expect, as long as you expect him to behave in a way that is contradictory to alcoholics.

But you can do this. Just stay focused on yourself and keep clear boundaries. It'll be over and you'll be free and looking back and thanking the Heavens you got out alive.
transformyself is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transformyself For This Useful Post:
JenT1968 (11-29-2010), Phoenixthebird (11-29-2010), TakingCharge999 (11-29-2010)
Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 902
Why not just put in the information you have, file then serve. The divorce will only be a problem if you don't have him served personally and can't find him, in which case you have to divorce by publication, much more complicated and costly. I would make this a priority if you are worried he will leave his illegal apartment, if it is, in fact, illegal. Process service is about $75 here (my friend did it) and you get three tries for that.

My friend's soon to be ex alcoholic husband had no apartment after she left, job or health insurance. Not her problem. Not yours either.
NYC_Chick is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NYC_Chick For This Useful Post:
anvilhead (11-29-2010), BklynGrl (11-29-2010), JenT1968 (11-29-2010), Phoenixthebird (11-29-2010), Thumper (11-29-2010)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.