advice

Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

advice

Im fed up with myself for feeling guilty for things i shouldnt feel guilty for and i cant stop it.
My sister text me today and asked me if i would travel to london with her to pick up her man as she was scared to drive there alone, ive just got in from work and i am knackered i had three hours sleep last night because i was working till late and i had to get up at 5.30,so i said sorry and that im knackered etc etc...

But now i feel guilty for saying no and i now worry that something might happen to her,i know this is stupid and wrong for me to feel like that and im starting to realise that i do find it awfully hard to say no to people.(everyone infact)
I really do not want to go through life like this and be silently raging inside all because i simply cannot say no and even if i do say no i end up driving myself nuts with guilt about saying no.

Any suggestions on how i deal with this?
It is a huge deal for me because i know this is one of the reasons,infact is the reason i stayed in the relationship with exabf and why i have no self esteem.

Thanks
Ghirl xx
Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here is a link to something I posted a few weeks ago.

I know the circumstanses are different, but this really helped me feel like I could detach from people an their expectations of me, to feel better about my choices to take care of myself before anyone else...except my son.

It is long, but you might find something in it that applies. It took me a long time to get to feel that way, and I am still working on this, but...I think there were keys in it for me. I hope you find something in there for your issue.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ise-place.html
Old 11-20-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks buffalo just exactly what i needed right now xx

Ghirl x
Old 11-21-2010, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand the guilt thing celtic....think I'll be reading Buffalo's post too....
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just read it...