Please welcome Midwest man...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please welcome Midwest man...

Again, I didn't want to have a newcomer's post go unnoticed in another thread, so please welcome Midwestman.

Originally Posted by Midwestman View Post
I am new to posting on this site but have been reading the posts for a long time..hearing all the stories out there have always made me feel better because I knew I was not alone out there...i have been married for over twenty years to an alcoholic and cocaine user..I have two step children that are heroin addicts..I can relate to the craziness and the anger That you have been talking about..my story could fill an entire book and I don't even know where to start..I guess the worst part for me has been the humiliation of having a wife who sometimes doesn't even come home after a night of drinking ..the resentment between us has been going on for years..I've always considered myself a strong man and in spite of all the hardships in dealing with with a family riddled with alcohol cocaine and heroin addictions I'm still alive and kicking...through it all I've actually done well in the other areas of my life and have a well adjusted teenage son between us that seems to have my genes (no addictive tendencies) thank god..I have to say though there were times I felt I was being pulled into a depressive funk by all the craziness and drama I've been through..I've basically cut my two step children out of my life and am looking into moving out..my son is older now and understands..
Old 11-01-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Midwestman
Welcome to SR......although as I say to every newcomer......I am so sorry for the circumstances that bring you here.

There are so many people on SR who understand the issues surrounding loving and/or living with an addict(s). Those who haven't experienced it can't really relate to the craziness involved and are often very judgemental......and we really don't need that, do we?

I hope you stick around. Share your story. Read about the journey of others who are traveling their own path. We all learn from one another.

gentle hugs
Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. You must be very tired after all you've been through. Better days are ahead, no doubt.