The Gratitude Attitude

Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Gratitude Attitude

Hi all,

It's been a little while since I've posted. I've missed you, popping in and out but not having much in the way of time to post, and working through some stuff that has caused me to think about how I utilize my time overall.

I've noticed a number of new members in this community so I wanted to share some of what's been happening for me. It has been 6 1/2 months now since I broke up with my exA. WOW. I didn't think I'd survive, and here I am, and I'm HAPPY. Truly.Flipping.Happy. Many of you told me it was possible and I wanted to believe you, rehearsed "Fake it 'til you make it" so that I could allow the possibility of believing you.

I have found what serenity, joy, laughter and loving myself feel like. I've been experiencing a "loving life" attitude for weeks now. I've had a "crush" recently and grown a beautiful friendship from that, recognizing that I'm not ready for a partnership and need to consider how I will choose my next relationship. I want to protect myself and my contentment, it has become my #1 priority, just like for a recovering alcoholic has to keep their sobriety #1. This is my promise to myself.

I couldn't have done it without you, my SR family. I look back on my past 2 relationships and feel relief, freedom, detachment. I don't want to go back to that place ever again, and I don't have to. I am not a bystander to my life, I am the author of my story. And d*mn, it's getting better and better, a real page-turner.

With gratitude to you, my HP, and myself...and a reassuring hug to the newcomers who might not think that this gift is possible. It is, I promise you. What worked for me is to keep coming back, attending Alanon, connecting with my HP...now I know that all will be well no matter what lies on the path ahead.

Wishing you joy,
posie
Old 10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by posiesperson View Post
I want to protect myself and my contentment, it has become my #1 priority,
posie
Awesome!

Thanks for the update on YOU!
Your recovery is showing and it looks marvelous from here.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Love the title of your thread...I will start thinking of ways to be in
GRATITUDE right now.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Attitude of gratitude!!! That is a beautiful thing! Thank you for posting the update and bringing some joy to my day.

Alice