how do u know this is the bottom

Old 10-17-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

yeah, Kia...the al-anon is SHOWING on you and that is great!

I am not trying to tear you down.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LMAO!!!!

okay...uncle...yeah, every conversation he has with you is insane, circular, digression, hurtful and etc etc etc, let's see...and upsetting, makes you cry, makes you not eat, makes your tummy clench up, makes you lose sleep, makes you question your sanity, ....you can complete that list.

you can't stop him, you can stop you.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
kia

god im talking in circles cos my minds been jumbled by an alcoholic and im slowly working my way threw the fog and yes i am i think further down than miserable and i know only me can help me right now ppl can say things and some of it goes in some of it doesnt i suppose way to look at is if we all listened to the advice and did what we were told to do this site wouldnt need to be here but then thats wrong too isnt it cos surely its our choice to do what we feel is right and i went to write something then and forgot what it was im losing the plot i really though appreciate your posts live though xxx
Old 10-17-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((((((((((kia))))))))))))

I should just say please refer to my first post.

I'm gonna move on now...

I hope your day gets better.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Live View Post
LMAO!!!!

okay...uncle...yeah, every conversation he has with you is insane, circular, digression, hurtful and etc etc etc, let's see...and upsetting, makes you cry, makes you not eat, makes your tummy clench up, makes you lose sleep, makes you question your sanity, ....you can complete that list.

you can't stop him, you can stop you.
christ live your posts are very deep at times i had to read that about 4 times then to get it i think i get what your getting at though its the doing im finding hard
Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
kia

(((((((((((kia))))))))))))

I should just say please refer to my first post.

I'm gonna move on now...

I hope your day gets better.
i nearly went then are u trying to make me go in circles live cos even if your not your posts make me stop and think ((((((((((live)))))))))) xxxx
Old 10-17-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

kia, I popped back in because I wanted to clarify that I meant my first post to you in this thread.

but I will answer your question..no, darling, I sure as heck don't want to contribute to confusing you and going in circles.

Hey, check out the favorite recipes post in this forum..there was a mixup I was involved in there that has had me laughing so hard it made me cry.
there is so much more to life than this ongoing pain.
I hope you find that...that is really why I am here on your thread.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
kia

kia, I popped back in because I wanted to clarify that I meant my first post to you in this thread.

but I will answer your question..no, darling, I sure as heck don't want to contribute to confusing you and going in circles.

Hey, check out the favorite recipes post in this forum..there was a mixup I was involved in there that has had me laughing so hard it made me cry.
there is so much more to life than this ongoing pain.
I hope you find that...that is really why I am here on your thread.
ok will go look live cos least while i was reading your posts it was making me concentrate on something cos once i stopped been crying again so will go look mind u will need to go some to make me smile i can tell u and yeh i know u meant on here the first post and please do stay on my threads i appreciate them even if some take alot of reading to work em out see a smile
Old 10-17-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kia View Post
i really need to learn how to answer multiple quotes but not sure how to do it but here goes will try and answer them.
To answer with multiple quotes you have to press the "multi quote button" under each post you want to quote. It's the little button next to the Quote button that has the black speech marks and a + sign. You click that and the button will turn red. Go ahead and and press the multi quote button for any other posts you want to quote, then on the last post you want to quote instead of hitting the multi-quote button, just hit the regular quote button. It'll then open your reply box and all the posts will be quoted in order.

You can then delete any parts you're not replying to within the quote tags and add in your answer underneath each quote.

Originally Posted by kia View Post

He has had the police remove her alot of times the last been yesterday she comes back he says even though she is told by the police not to come back which actually now i come to write it down dont make any sense does it why would they bann her from coming back to his flat then bail her to his flat god i fell for that line didnt i it was more BS christ im so stupid i went for that one eh
You're not stupid Kia, maybe a little gullible and trusting but not stupid. You shouldn't use negative words to describe yourself.
You're right though, the police wouldn't tell her not to go back to a flat she's bailed too, he slipped up there eh. Even if he did have her removed and she did come back, he didn't have to let her in did he? Even if she had a key he could put the snip on or the chain so she couldn't get in or ignore her knocking. I really believe he's just playing games with you both and making things up as he goes along, telling you what he thinks you want to hear so you stay hooked. He's probably told her you're a nutter who won't leave him alone and he's trying to let you down gently and that's why she goes mad when you're on the phone...you really only know what he's telling you, not what he's telling her.

My ex was a cokehead. We split up but stayed friends because he was my daughters father and we really were the best of friends until one night I rang him because he was late coming around and he must have tried to turn his phone off but he answered it and I could hear him talking to some girls in a pub, he was snorting coke in the toilets with them and told them I was his mad ex, I was a psycho and wouldn't let him see his kid. LOL! We were best mates and he saw her every day, he was just telling them that so they'd feel sorry for him...telling them what he thought would benefit him most. That's the way some addicts work. They lie for their own gain.

its bugging me that he might make it work with her after all with the drink and i couldnt make it work i think thats the bottom line here when i tried everything i could to make it work and nothing did then this person comes along who is the most unstable person on this planet besides him and i think what if they manage to make it work it makes me mad to think that does that make sense
Kia, if she's drinking and is unstable then isn't that kinda gonna suit him perfectly? She won't be on at him to stop drinking because she'll be there drinking with him. That's not making it work, that's just two of a kind sitting in the gutter together.

Relationships take two to work, it's not a failure on your part, there's nothing you can do to make him stop drinking. The ONLY way a relationship with him would work is if you embraced his alcoholism and loived it when he was drunk as much as you love it when he's sober.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Tally View Post
To answer with multiple quotes you have to press the "multi quote button" under each post you want to quote. It's the little button next to the Quote button that has the black speech marks and a + sign. You click that and the button will turn red. Go ahead and and press the multi quote button for any other posts you want to quote, then on the last post you want to quote instead of hitting the multi-quote button, just hit the regular quote button. It'll then open your reply box and all the posts will be quoted in order.

You can then delete any parts you're not replying to within the quote tags and add in your answer underneath each quote.

thank u done it now

You're not stupid Kia, maybe a little gullible and trusting but not stupid. You shouldn't use negative words to describe yourself.
You're right though, the police wouldn't tell her not to go back to a flat she's bailed too, he slipped up there eh. Even if he did have her removed and she did come back, he didn't have to let her in did he? Even if she had a key he could put the snip on or the chain so she couldn't get in or ignore her knocking. I really believe he's just playing games with you both and making things up as he goes along, telling you what he thinks you want to hear so you stay hooked. He's probably told her you're a nutter who won't leave him alone and he's trying to let you down gently and that's why she goes mad when you're on the phone...you really only know what he's telling you, not what he's telling her.

how true think your prob right

My ex was a cokehead. We split up but stayed friends because he was my daughters father and we really were the best of friends until one night I rang him because he was late coming around and he must have tried to turn his phone off but he answered it and I could hear him talking to some girls in a pub, he was snorting coke in the toilets with them and told them I was his mad ex, I was a psycho and wouldn't let him see his kid. LOL! We were best mates and he saw her every day, he was just telling them that so they'd feel sorry for him...telling them what he thought would benefit him most. That's the way some addicts work. They lie for their own gain.

god u have maybe hit the nail on the head cos i really dont know what he tells her mind u i do know one bit he asked me to come back so we could get back together and told her i was coming to get my things which i didnt quite get and hes also told me he loves me as gf and her that he loves me but only as a mate i have made him say stuff to her while hes on the phone to me so he cant then lie to us both that throws him a bit he does it but then once ive gone prob convinces her i made him say it

Kia, if she's drinking and is unstable then isn't that kinda gonna suit him perfectly? She won't be on at him to stop drinking because she'll be there drinking with him. That's not making it work, that's just two of a kind sitting in the gutter together.

u reckon

Relationships take two to work, it's not a failure on your part, there's nothing you can do to make him stop drinking. The ONLY way a relationship with him would work is if you embraced his alcoholism and loived it when he was drunk as much as you love it when he's sober.
and i know i cant do that its not me to so was never gonna work was it
Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
kia

well that never worked did it what did i do wrong my answers are with the questions help please xx
Old 10-17-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You only get one set of quote tags per post. So if you go back and edit your post you'll see at the start there's an open quote tag [ quote] and at the end a close quote tag [/ quote]

The words in between the quote tags will appear in one quote box. If you want more than one per post then you need to put in the extra tags yourself that's all. So when you're quoting multiple posts you'll get one set of tags per post. If you want to split a post into multiple quotes you add the tags in yourself. Like below.

If you put your answers inbetween the quote tags they will appear inside the box, you need to add your message after the close quote tag.

[quote ] lot of text here [/ quote]

To split it you'd need to do the following

[ quote] lot of [/quote ]

YOUR ANSWER HERE

[quote]text here [/ quote]

YOUR ANSWER HERE

So the above would appear like below

lots of text here
or

lots of
YOUR ANSWER HERE

text here
YOUR ANSWER HERE

(no spaces in the quote tags btw just added them so you could see the text)
Old 10-17-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
kia

ohhh god ill need to read that back tomorrow heads spinning was just speaking to someone from my al anon have just relised it falls on same day as daughters 21st my next meeting ill prob need to find another one next week cant miss any now i need it its my comfort zone and ex has just shouted at me that nothing is as important as our daughters 21st birthday so now i feel i been told off too great eh
Old 10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

We can have a meeting on here, kia. Pick a topic, start a thread and ask people to share. Do you have any literature from your meetings? Is there something in there on which you'd like to start a discussion?
Old 10-17-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
kia

ive only been to three atm so only learning myself but i suppose maybe detaching is an apt subject to start on maybe xx