Update to my "answers" post

Old 09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Update to my "answers" post

So here I go again...

I get home from school/picking the kids up and exAbf...notice the word EX. Yeah it finally broke down, he is constantly accusing me of cheating. (which I am not) We live in hickville, small town and I am not from here,I moved here 3 years ago so I don't know too many ppl. The exA works at the grain elevator and they hired a new guy for the harvest season...this guy knew me and my kids. ExA just flipped out! I had no idea who this guy was by name but when he described him I remember him from my kids early childhood family class...So, he basically thinks I was hitting on this guy...?! He is so controlling I can't do it! I guess this small accusation brought me to a breaking point.

I told him I can't go on like this, he asked if I loved him still and I said...no. I finally had the strength to say NO..everyother time I would say yes. I guess I jumped before I had a plan in place, but I know God will provide. I think we both kind of knew it was happening, except he was in denial and is pretty angry.

5 years of this crap-It will feel good when he moves out, I don't know what will happen since were both on the contract for deed, but he is on the loan and were both suppose to be in this house for 3 years otherwise we could/will loose it. Either way my sanity and a heathly environment is more important to me than the house we live in.

I feel kind of emotional...like I don't know weather to cry or to have a big smile on my face.

Well thank goodness there is Alanon tomorrow Thanks for letting me share.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LS2 View Post
I feel kind of emotional...like I don't know weather to cry or to have a big smile on my face.
I felt the same way when I separated from my husband. And, from my experience, you will likely swing wildly between both extremes for a time. Don't worry, it's normal. You will eventually find your center and life will be good again. In the meantime--we're here for ya.

L
Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs, Lindsey. Hang in there.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Are you in contact with a domestic violence place. Guys like this don't go away easily.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go for jumping without having a plan...my breakup sort of happened the same way and for a while there, I felt like I was hovering over the edge of a cliff, not sure whether I'd fall or not.

I got through.

You will to.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe seeking legal advice about your position re the house, would be a start, and at least you could make your plans as needed from there.

Speaking to someone in DV,also as some chaps do get carried away when they lose the SO, and realise times are about to get tough for them.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The National Domestic Violence Hotline is a good place to start. Ask them for resources in your geographic area:

1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.3224 (TTY)
Anonymous & Confidential Help 24/7