Leave it Beaver

Old 10-25-2003, 03:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hey guys...it isn't over yet! I don't give up that easily!

He called late in the day yesterday and confessed his turdiness and promises to reform. I don't think he drank and he allowed Ward to rake him over the coals without too much back talk.

I understand his hesitating on the helf-way house. He has been confined for most of the year. He promised he would call 3 of them and at least check them out. I have made the calls before and I feel he should do it this time.

Parol stipulates that he has to do at least out-patient and a half-way house with groups etc. would qualify. I am not going to force him. He has a rather loose plan of his own and I respect that, but I do want him to look at alternatives. I am also not going to shove program down his throat. I am acutely aware that many more people get sober by just getting sober than ever walk into AA.

Funny....he said he wondered if I would call his PO when he didn't come home and yet he still didn't call. Who knows how his mind works, but he knows me well enough to know I am capable of doing just that.

Hugs,
JT
Old 10-25-2003, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

It ain't over to it's over - that is for sure! Beav is in my prayers JT!!!!!

And you are right, who knows what is in his mind!!!! Just the fact that he walked out of jail after a year, that must have been kinda odd for him. He needs to figure out what to do, whatever that is.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT

I know that you'll do what is right for you and that you are healthy enough to know when to apply the brakes. I hope he finds something appropriate soon.

Sending hugs and prayers for all of you.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-25-2003, 11:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It sounds like The Beav has a little Eddie Rascal left in him. He has just spent a year in a place where most of all of his decisions were made for him. It also appears from your post that you have definite guidelines of what you will and won't accept. Congrats!
Old 10-25-2003, 03:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

That is the thing...he balks at having decisions made for him. So we will see.

So far so good...REALLY. He is working..has another job with bennies that he is going to apply for where he can have a ride.

And Beavette is visiting this weekend.

One decision I made is a result of my losing my temper when he didn't come home or call. Himself and I argued and then a few hours later Ward yelled at him again. I can control myself so he at least doesn't get jumped twice. Ward is not as mature as me. LOL!

One day at a time!
JT
Old 10-25-2003, 09:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

JT

I have to agree. TURD. Makes me want to kick him in the shins.

I hope he finds his way soon. You are an inspiration, the way you work your program. Someday maybe he'll be able to work HIS program the same way.

Hugs and love and hot chocolate and warm snuggly blankets,
O59
Old 10-26-2003, 09:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Ward is not as mature as me. LOL!
LOL! hmmmm, the same in my house - LMAO!!!

This is a huge adjustment for everyone. I bet the Beavette is having a great weekend .