Old 09-24-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I was told that my core classes:
English 101
Am Lit
Psych 101
Algebra (still need)

would always transer. No expiration date on core curriculum. Amazing!

Down side is it appears my electives like: Art History and Music Appreciation from University expired after 5 years. Darn! (lol - I loved those classes) guess I'll just have to repeat those.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
part time member

My sister and I have been talking after doing all the estate work for my father that we both should have been lawyers. I never really thought about doing it...but I could...I already have the BS...Mmmm... you have me inspired too.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Down side is it appears my electives like: Art History and Music Appreciation from University expired after 5 years. Darn! (lol - I loved those classes) guess I'll just have to repeat those.
I LOVED music appreciation! Such a fun bird course

Perhaps you can find something cool, like this "Jazz appreciation" course they offered at McGill. All you had to do was go to 3 jazz shows during the jazz fest, and write up a report on each. Talk about easy!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Ok you guys... you've inspired me!!! I always said I'd never want to go back to school... but I find that I have time on my hands now that the kids are growing/grown. I have 3 years of college (including one year of nursing school) but man, are those credits OLD! Your Health Information Technology sounds right up my alley!! Gonna look into the possibilities and see what else is out there in the health field (but NOT nursing!! ) I have a large metropolitan community college about 2.5 miles from my house.

Thank you all for your inspiration.... in ALLareas of my life!!

(((Hugs)))
You could ride your bike/walk to class, no parking nightmares, you a lucky duck.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

GOOD FOR THE PELICAN !!!!!

Doesn't it just ... make sense, though?

That once we've integrated these concepts
and actions
into our daily life
as far into every corner of our waking minds
as we can shove recovery
and making things better -

doesn't it just... follow, then

that we'd be picking up where we left off
on the GOOD stuff too?

There's so much talk
about the bad side of
'picking up where we left off' ....

there's a LIGHT side to that as well!!!!

I think it's fan-tab-u-lous!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Pelican))) - YAY for you!!!

I, too, found out that a lot of my classes didn't transfer (too old)...will have to take anatomy/physiology again (had it it in high school AND nursing school), as well as a couple other science courses, but I do believe they will be easier this time around. Actually looking forward to breezing through "medical terminology" after having been a nurse for 12 years

I also found out that, even though the school is only 10 miles from my house, the majority of my classes are offered online or "hybrid" (some in class, some online), so I'll be able to work school around my work schedule.

I really, really wish you, ((Freedom)) and I lived closer...we could open our OWN HIT business..okay, that sounds odd. HIT as in Health Information Technology, not as in taking out people who annoy us

(((Coyote))) - gonna pm you a site I found that gives info on scholarships and grants. I agree with ((L2L)), though...there are a lot of scams out there, and you should NEVER have to pay for scholarship, or put up money for someone to find one for you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am so darned proud of you, gal! I too had credits transfer from when I originally took classes through a community college in '88, and took classes here and there over the years while I was raising my two daughters.

You will do well, no doubt! Sending lots of big hugs and best wishes to you! :ghug3
Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coyote21 View Post
You could ride your bike/walk to class, no parking nightmares, you a lucky duck.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Well, you are WAY luckier living in the hill country -- don't you EVER take that for granted! That's 1/2 the reason I want you to marry me!