Reverse no-contact

Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reverse no-contact

Anyone ever experienced that? I think my ex has finally come to the realisation that she can no longer get a rise out of me. Now for quite some time - there is a refusal on her part to speak to me. I guess it's a form of sulking. She can't get me upset or angry and has now simply given up. She's moved onto her other enablers.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's the beauty of detachment! You WIN!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's weird - now that the goal of detachment has been achieved, it's difficult to fathom it. lol.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's good, it means she got the picture--some ex's take forever to get a clue.

Is there any reason to talk to her? If not, consider yourself lucky.

(my guess is she found another enabler, and you just don't exist any more. She's not sulking, she's moved on, she doesn't need you anymore--again, lucky you)
Old 08-31-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In my situation, the minute he found someone else he broke off contact. It was a blessing. He tries to text me once in a while but I have NEVER responded. It was tough to get over MY addiction to him when he started no contact but looking back now I realize it would have been going round and round.

Hugs
Lulu
Old 08-31-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BTW, how do you know she's gone no contact with you? Have you been trying to contact her?

As I explained in another thread I went Commando No Contact with my XAH, even blocking everyone from the state of Ohio from calling my phone, blocking all Ohio based computer servers, 800 and private numbers, etc... I haven't got the faintest idea if he's tried to contact me or not. It's better that way.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Ahhh....isn't the quietness great!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Silence is golden - however don't get complacent. My xabf is big on the silent treatment, he once we nearly 6 months with no contact. Then the phone rang and I went back a couple of years ago. Now I am starting over from scratch.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile duped

Originally Posted by Duped View Post
Anyone ever experienced that? I think my ex has finally come to the realisation that she can no longer get a rise out of me. Now for quite some time - there is a refusal on her part to speak to me. I guess it's a form of sulking. She can't get me upset or angry and has now simply given up. She's moved onto her other enablers.
can't get to you once you "let go and let God"your higher power.