Physical symptoms after hearing from STBXAH

Old 08-01-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Physical symptoms after hearing from STBXAH

Hello ((SR)),
I had posted a few days ago how my stbxah had texted me with a picture of a newborn baby. And most know I really wanted a baby and it was a low blow. It hurt me. I have blocked him now. But I wanted to share this. Since that text I have been depressed. Havent slept well. My upper back which has given me no issues for months is killing me and I am exhausted and sad.

All it took is one text message from him and it's like a train hit me. Lesson learned. If I want to be happy, I need to stay far away from him and the NC needs to be very strict or else I end up as I am now. Its just so shocking to me how my body reacted. WOW.

Hugs
Lulu
Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, yeah,

I remember I once saw a guy in the lobby of my apartment who looked, at first glance, like my second alcoholic ex-husband. I went into panic mode, the adrenaline was unbelievable, and I felt shaky for a few days after.

It wasn't him, he was many states away. Still, it threw me for a loop because I wasn't expecting it.

As much as you wanted a baby, you can be grateful you didn't have HIS baby. Once you have kids together, it's virtually impossible to avoid contact.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Lexie is right. You are very lucky not to have had any children with him. As it stands now, you never have to deal with him again and can go on to possibly meet someone healthy with whom you can start a family. He was just being a jerk sending you that picture.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I completely understand, and I am sorry that you had to feel that way. My XABF called the other night and I immediately felt like I was going to vomit. My adrenaline was rushing and I could hear my stomach churning. It always amazes me how feelings can manifest themselves physically, stress is such an awful, awful thing.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Missb, no contact is a wonderful thing. Try it, you'll like it!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sometimes our bodies give us answers just as clearly or more so than our minds. A stomachache/headache for me is far more honest than the mental gymnastics and justifications I do in my head. Hope you get to feeling better soon LuLu.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I believe we make ourselves sick by the things we say to ourselves. Try saying, out loud, positive affirmations to counter the negative things you'll find you have been saying about yourself.

Here are mine:
I love and approve of myself
I experience love wherever I go
I am my own authority on levels
I love who I am

Look up Louise Hay affirmation. If you buy the book, you can look up specific areas of dis-ease you may be experience, find the cause and speak directly to it. Sounds crazy, I know, but works.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

After being in a funk for a couple days yet again I need to be honest with myself. I realized today this is a pattern for me. I havent been making good decisions for myself at all. So I am not getting better. I am going round in a circle.
I let go of the new addict in my life (although in my head he was just for "fun")but when he was around..I wasnt get much sleep and was exhausted half the time. ( not a wise idea to let him in my life in the first place)
I thought if I started going out and meeting people it would make me feel better and it was a bandaid for a while but going to a bar..I always seem to drink too much. And when I drink too much on a Friday..I am crabby the rest of the weekend. Truth is I cant really drink. A glass of wine yes..8 beers for someone who never drank much in her life..My body cant handle it. So no more of that.
Then since I would be hungover from Friday I would be missing my Saturday Alanon group. And its my favorite one.
So ok. Enough acting like a college student who just got her freedom. I need to find a happy medium. I can make friends and have fun but focusing on my main responsibilties is more important.
In way I have been acting like my stbxah. I have been running away. So I will chalk this up to a lesson learned.
Next Friday I dont have work and I am going to the beach. BY MYSELF..with some good books and enjoy a day with me. Tonight I will take a bubble bath. And I will forgive myself for the bag of cookies I just ate as comfort food

Hugs
Lulu
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I want cookies too!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!!!!! I don't mean to shout, but I found for me it was the only way to stop him from calling me.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

honest and insightful, lulu. this is how we keep moving forward.

sorry your stbxah is such a jerk.