Sad night for baseball!!!

Old 10-17-2003, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Sad night for baseball!!!

Off topic I know, but just this once I hope no one minds Well, it was a sad night for Red Sox fans last night When it looked like the curse of the bambino was finally going to get broken it wasn't!!! So, it's the Marlins and the Yankees in the playoffs...I can only say one thing.....GO MARLINS!!!

Weird though isn't it that both the Cubs and Sox lost and both have supposedly different curses on them??? The Goat curse for the Cubs and the Bambino for the Soxs...strange if you ask me!!

Oh well, there's always next year and hopefully then, my hometown favorites (do I dare tell you?? Please don't throw things at me!!) the Tigers will have a better season then this years! I mean, they can only go up from being the worst team in the league right???

Have a great Friday!
Sped teach
Old 10-17-2003, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go Alan Trammell. Sure hope they don't fire him. It would be nice if the owners would spend some money on GOOD players. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and have been a dyed in the wool fan of all the Detroit teams - even the Lions!!!!!

As far as the Tigers, they can't get any worse so here's to next year!

Jo
Old 10-17-2003, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jo~
I grew up in a subarb NEXT to Detroit...Livonia, ever hear of it?? I'm a HUGE Lions fan as well! I must say our hockey team is probably the best we have here in Michigan. I think they'll give Alan Trammell a shot for a couple of years still but then again who knows with the way owners think????
Old 10-17-2003, 11:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sure I've heard of Livonia. My dad lived in Northville for the past 20 years but I was raised in Birmingham. I just heard that we traded Sergei Federov. I think it was time. Hope we can pick up another Stanley Cup since they are the only team of ours that manage to do anything. Have a good weekend.

Jo
Old 10-18-2003, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

uh...go bears?
Old 10-18-2003, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

JT -

Don't tell me you are ashamed of your Bears! Even though they are pretty lousy now, at least they have had alot of glory years. How would you like to admit to being a LIONS fan? Now, that is a sad admission.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so not into sports. But I couldnt help feeling sorry for the guy that tipped the ball and messed up an out.

Here he is a rapid fan and if he sets foot in the park he'll be tarred and feathered. Everybody knows is name and his pics on tv.
Poor thing is scared to come out of his house.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Talk about sad - Cubs were soo close....How heartbreaking that was.