Courage to attend Alanon

Old 10-16-2003, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Courage to attend Alanon

Is there a way to find Alanon meetings on-line? I have not been to a meeting in years—I think I would benefit from going. Yet I keep blowing it off. I think I’d rather sit home and feel sorry for myself. I’m living for many too many hears with an AH. When I have tried to find a meeting, I would have to call some number and wait for a call back.

I enjoy coming to this site and reading the threads. I can relate to soooo much. You think you are the only one in this position but I know I am not alone. So many who respond to the threads seem so sure of yourself…how did you get there? It’s hard to find the strength to change and that’s why I think I’d rather keep things are they are. It’s so much easier,,,yet I’m so unhappy.

When I think of my AH I think of two different people. The one I love and the one I hate. I can’t continue to live with the one I hate. When he drinks the “hard stuff” he gets mean and ugly. Says such awful things and often gets violent. So many things have broken in my house, but he feels since he has never hurt me, he can break and throw things around the house. I’m afraid if I leave him he will flip. I really need to faithfully attend a meeting. Any ideas how to find one? Thank you for reading….
Old 10-16-2003, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi jmf and welcome!

Yes there are online meetings here. Fairly new and still gaining momentum but you would be greatly welcomed at the meetings. Here is the link with the schedule the people in this little community are wonderful people and you should be able to get the full benefit you are seeking from the meetings here. Hope to see you there!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...?s=&forumid=24
Old 10-16-2003, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

(((JMF)))
hopefuly you will get to a f2f meeting,on line meetings and getting
to share on line is a real assist but for me my groups are my lifeline. just last night,a lady in the program for over 20 yrs has returned after a time away and she shared how much the on line meetings helped her but realized how much she "needed" to get back to the ones " in the flesh" as it turned out her topic was"why i keep coming back" and there were no less then 5 people who are just now getting back in. I can only say that if all you with yrs in the program dont come back who will all us newcomers learn from? We all have so much to give each other in our ever changing journey's.
the best to you JMF, believe that you are a worthwhile person who doesnt have to be caught up in the alcoholic's madness but can lead a full and happy life
God Bless you
hugs
liddy