Just checking in!

Old 10-16-2003, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Just checking in!

Morning everyone,
Just thought I'd check in since I've been so crazy this past week with work and of course, the beloved Red Sox games that have kept me up Well, last Thursday, my ah came home and told my son that he WOULD be with him on Friday night because spending time with him was more important then going out with his friends That made my son's entire day!! They had a blast and I had a great time at my party! Saturday was a great day and Sunday, when ah got home from golfing, he asked son and I if we wanted to go get son's Halloween costume..it was fun doing that. We had a great afternoon and have spent a lot of quality family time together this past week watching the Red Sox! He did indulge himself in his drinking and I didn't say a word to him about it and I find this odd...he has been not drinking nearly like he used to...hm....is there something to working your own program and things will work themselves out?? He even commented that he noticed I have been reacting...or not reacting to his drinking and treating him like I normally do and that he appreciates it.

So, while I know he's going to do what he's going to do, I have found that by taking care of me and not worrying about him and not going into my old "ignore him when he drinks" pattern, life is much better for all of us! Go figure huh?? Hee hee!

Anyhow, thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't expect him to do what I want him to do and that he will do what he needs/wants to when he wants to go out drinking!

Sped teach
Old 10-16-2003, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Yeah go figure!!

We can't change THEM so we might as well change us....

Hugs,
JT
Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

sped teach,

From the Al-Anon ODAT Oct. 4th, p 278

Today's reminder

There is no need for me to accept blame for another person's irrational actions.....I will deal with my own shortcomings...

IF I DO THIS HONESTLY---FOLLOWING THE fOURTH TO TENTH STEPS----

THE CHANGE IN ME WILL BE REFLECTED IN EVERY PERSON WHOSE LIFE TOUCHES MINE.....

I hold on to that line constantly....I know that what they get is theirs and what I get is mine and I'LL TAKE MINE NOW....My recovery is all I have control over anyway..so I am not waiting for anyone these days....

God Bless.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

((((((spedteach))))))

That was for the Red Sox.

And congrats on the other, I am so glad you had a good weekend.

Oh man, that Red Sox game was something wasn't it? I thought they had it for sure.

Good Luck
Old 10-16-2003, 11:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Spedtech.
Thanks for reminding me that it's ok just to let them be them and us be us. I get so rapped up in it sometimes, so wonderful to hear of a fabulous day. Makes me appreciate every moment I have.
Yeay you!