My Son died of heroin overdose

Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

(((Seeker))) There are just no words... I am so, so, sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers and heart.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Unhappy My son died of heroin overdose

I feel so sad & my heart aches for you. I have a 40 year old son that is now a quadriplegic due to trying to do suicide. His heart stopped six times from when they found him until he arrived by a small jet plane in Seattle to Harborview Medical Center where many trauma cases go. He went driving up in the hills, got drunk, & drove his truck over a 150 foot cliff. He learned how to drink the four years he was in the Navy.

I found this somewhere: "The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend".

It has been seven years & I still am having lots of emotional minutes that make me feel like it really didn't happen. He was in the VA Medical Center for several months in the Spinal Cord Injury Unit to learn how to cope with going home with caregivers helping him in his home.

He has had to move to a 24 hour nursing facility that is similar to an adult family home but only takes special care patients ... they can have up to six people at a time. It is a beautiful place & he gets very good care.

This was an issue that I needed help with so went to counseling for a short time to learn how to handle my emotions regarding my son since there was not anything I could change about his situation. This has helped me greatly.

He is about 100 miles from us now so we see him more often than when he was in Seattle. The VA & State pay for his care & medical needs.

This is a tough situation & my husband has a hard time dealing with it. Each of us handle it different but support each other in our feelings. I have dreams that he just goes to sleep one night & doesn't wake up again.

We also had a baby twin girl die of SIDS in 1969 & in order to accept this I had to find a way to think of her. I heard this song once & don't know if it was on the stereo or just in my head about "Babies in Heaven riding on clouds with pink or blue ribbons on their toes." So I think of her that way & it seems so real.

I wish you well & will be thinking of you within my heart.

kelsh
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
User

I am so sorry for your loss. You'll be in my prayers.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My heart just sunk when I read your news...your words have helped me so much. I wish I could help you. Just know we are all thinking of you. So stunned and sad.. my heart goes out to you.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

You must be horrible pain, I pray that you find comfort here. But it would be wise to find a grief counsoler. I have a son that may find sobriety, he may not. I pray everyday his illness, and that of all those so stricken find recovery. I personally feel that those lives cut short are by the mercy of God brought home to him, that He Himself can kiss ther tears and fears away. Your son is whole again and you will be reunited in the Love and Comfort of the Heavens

May God heal your grief, Bless you
Old 06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say, losing a child is devastating, I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for you loss
Old 06-15-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Dear Lord, what could someone say. I'm so sorry. God Bless your son and your family.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Hannitized

I am so very sorry for your loss.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I am so sorry.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Oh my gosh I am overwhelmed and will provide more details later.
I love U all and apprec. deeply all the kind words of support.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

So sorry for your devastating loss. My prayers are with you. This is the part of the disease I hate the most. What can we do for you?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Awakening

I'm so sorry for your loss, I pray for all of us every morning.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

A mothers Prayer

An emptyness that I now feel,
since you left I love you still.
For you the pictures I have drawn,
but my pain goes on and on.

I miss you now, but your with God
And I know your near.
Listen as I pray at night,
for you will always hear.

If I had one wish come true,
My only wish would be for you.
To hold you in my arms once more,
Tell you I love you, forever and more.

And now my son if I may near,
Im saying that I love you dear
with all my loveing heart,
I'll never forget you,
I loved you from the start!

(c) Sara Gwaltney All Rights Reserved

My heart goes out to you Spiritual, Love JJ
Old 06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Dear Spiritual Seeker,

I cannot express how sad I feel for you. I know this is so painful that those of us who have not been there can't imagine even half of the depths of pain you are experiencing.

I am glad that you came here and asked for "help". Please post, talk to friends, go to Al-Anon, therapy, counseling. Anything. Cry. See a grief counselor. Get hugs. Hold hands. Please, allow people to console you.

I saw the aftermath of a train accident on Friday evening. I've never seen what I saw before in my life. The first thing I did when I got to work this morning (I was off yesterday) was hug my office buddy. I needed a hug. I went with him on his breaks and for lunch. I needed connection, even if we didn't talk about it. I told a few coworkers and they gasped and talked about it with me. I'll see my therapist in a few days, and I think I can manage until then. If I miss sleep again tonight, I'll call her or some assistance line.

Please, you've been through a lot. Make sure you let people hold you up, and hug you. There's so much to a hug. There's warmth, and love, and comfort. I never knew how consoling a hug can feel until 9/11 when my BFF's mom hugged me when I ran to her house (I was near the area), and one day at work after my Xabf went on his binge and a male coworker asked if I needed a hug. Although they were not family, the comfort I felt in each embrace made me feel momentarily safe again.

Bless you and good luck.

Ready.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Spiritual,

I am so sorry to hear of your son's passing. I had a very dear friend of mine overdose on pills and I was the unfortunate one to find him. We had both worked at a camp for kids with disabilities and had lost many a camper to their natural illness. I remember having a dream not too long after my friend's passing, that I was standing on the outside of heaven looking in and saw my friend and one of our kids who had passed running around laughing. It was cool because this camper had been wheelchair bound.

It is a terrible thing when an addiction takes the ones we love, but knowing that they are hurting no more and eventually we will know, makes it easier to be happy for them.

Phillip
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

(((((SpiritualSeeker)))))))

Like others have already said, you have been an inspiration around here. Please remember that we are here to return the love & caring that you've always shown us.....I am still shocked to read this.....my heart hurts for you and your family but I know you will make it through this. 'Talk' to us when you're ready; in the meantime - take extra care with yourself. And you will all be in my prayers.

Thinking of you.....
Old 06-15-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

He died in my house 3 1/2 hrs. after arriving for a visit for his B'day.
He died on his birthday.
I saw him come into the world and go out of the world on June 11.

The memorial is this Sat. at my home. I don't have the energy to have it anywhere else.
I just want to remember him at home.
He'd been sober just over two yrs.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

saying a prayer for you and your family right now. I am so sorry for your loss