any success stories that don't involve leaving the A?

Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

The answer I got from my AH over intimacy issues, is im too stressed and tired to be interested! No pills for that, yet when he wasn't drinking this was never an issue!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mamm View Post
The answer I got from my AH over intimacy issues, is im too stressed and tired to be interested! No pills for that, yet when he wasn't drinking this was never an issue!
me too. but mine also threw in that my not being attractive enough was a factor.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have a success story for you. My husband and I just celebrated our One year Wedding Anniversary and several days prior to that... his One year Sobriety date. I was with him for a short period, 8 months, and we bought a house together. In those 8 months I questioned his drinking, but never said anything. Once we moved in together and I saw the whole picture, I started telling him how concerned I was. He talked about having a problem "in the past", but not now. As time went on, my concerns (and obsessions) continued. Jan 2009, his drinking slowed a lot. Then 4 days before we were to get married, bachelor party and he got a DUI. I had a decision to make right then and there... go through with the wedding or call it off. I was able to get in with a counselor right away, discuss some things and able to make the decision to continue with the wedding. Only, on terms that he got treatment. Of course, he was resistant at first and he had to do the 3 day driver intervention program for his DUI (he thought that was enough treatment... uh no!). He has continued on in counseling and relapse prevention and in AA. Probably a couple of months ago, I started attending Al Anon. I noticed that even though he has been sober, I still have my same old attitudes and behaviors that I realize I have to also work on. Things are not always rosy, but they are coming along and I couldn't be happier that I have decided to remain with him.