My test

Old 06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My test

I have been in recovery 7 months now. Sometimes I dont think I learned anything but then I got tested. I have changed.
I let go of my stbxah. I think about him maybe once a day and am indifferent.
I met someone and was starting to get pulled in but then my HP stepped in and gave me a sign. a) emotionally unavailable man b) cant communicate c) is playing with my feelings.

Then I picked myself up and dusted myself off and said no. Not ready and even if I was..he isnt the one to even have fun with. I dont need this. I only need me. I started thinking of my needs and am I having them met and am I putting myself in good situations. The answer is no.

I let go of this too. Rebound isnt my style. But more importantly: I realized within a week!! Go me. I do have the potential to learn!! And take care of me.

Only good things to come...Am still reaching for my stars.

I am beyond thrilled to be getting divorced and have alcohol vanish from my life. I went out a few times and enjoyed some drinks for the first time in forever cause I didnt have to worry about my AH. It was all about me and I had a great time.

Ain't nothin' gonna to break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no
I got to keep on movin'
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh-no, I got to keep on movin'
--Matthew Wilder

Hugs
Lulu
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:bounce Yes, Yes, YES.

God bless
Old 06-06-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Oh LuLu that is great and I am so happy for you that you are doing well and can see all that nonsense and where that guy would have been leading you!!!! Good for you! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If was such an "AHA" moment...

And Jadmack..When you said the HE would become hehehehe, you were right. I now giggle knowing what my stbxah and his new squeeze are going through. He is drinking his tail off and she is taking care of him.

I on the other hand am only taking care of me and having lots of fun in the process. Hehehe.

It can be a wonderful life!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am beyond thrilled to be getting divorced and have alcohol vanish from my life. I went out a few times and enjoyed some drinks for the first time in forever cause I didnt have to worry about my AH. It was all about me and I had a great time.

Me exactly. Isnt it lovely to not have the drama when you go out, always looking over your shoulder to see where he is, what hes doing...my decree nicsi is set for 9th June. I cant wait to have him out of my life for good..peace, calm and tranquility. Like you Im not ready for a new relationship, me, my dog and my friends is more than enough at the moment... :Best from Lilly
Old 06-06-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So happy that you are finding peace and contentment in your life and becoming free