My husband was fired

Old 04-30-2010, 02:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

(((Nightmare))

Hugs to you. Have you read the book "When Bad Things Happen to Good People"? It helped me a great deal. You have so much on your plate, I know it's hard to sort it through. Maybe some short term counseling just now may be helpful. It helped me, just to have a safe place to go, someone to talk to who didn't judge and understood. And who I didn't have to worry about upsetting.

I know all the unanswerable questions that must be in your mind. I don't know if I ever got them answered, but I was able to come to a point I could manage them.

Just know, you're not alone. Come here any time. Don't feel like you have to carry these loads on your own.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

In times of Suffering..

'' Behold GOD is my salvation.......''
Isa. 12 v 2

In sorrow and suffering, go directly to GOD and you will be strengthened, relieved and encouraged.
St John of the Cross

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness....
Romans 8 v 26

Grant me more holiness and a greater glow in my heart; grant me more comfort in sadness, more grief over my sin.
(adapted from Hallelujah 314 v 1)

''He shall regard the prayer of the destitute and shall not despise their prayer.''
Psalm 102 v 18

If life has pushed you off your feet, it time to get on your knees.
Frederick Beck
Old 04-30-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

nightmare, it's hard for me to see that he is a helpful presence in your life. You have enough sadness and anguish without dealing with the chaos of living with an A.

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Nightmare21 View Post
Not sure where to go from here. Do I plan a future without him or do I take this as a temporary situation? I'm not sure. It's too early to tell. But I will not let him back in unless he gets help for himself and proves he wants to change. For now I think a seperation is just the thing.
(((((Nightmare))))) ....what a stress-filled few days! I'm glad you have taken steps to protect yourself and hope that you continue to take good care of YOU.

The good news about making any sort of decision about a future with your AH is that it does not have to be made right away. Take your time, process your feelings and needs, and then, perhaps, the right decision will become clear to you.

Hugs and prayers,
HG
Old 04-30-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I felt I never had that chance to cry it all out and really get into my head that my daughter isn't coming back. I believe part of me is still in denial. As if finding her lifeless on the floor, seeing her in a casket, spreading her ashes and reading the cornor/toxicity report and death certificate was not enough.
Yep, I remember this surreal realization too, that I was somehow still operating on a plane of denial. I think it just takes time to not automatically think that person is coming back. It may never fully sink in.

The best thing I ever did was make a commitment to myself. I spent time alone and helped me walk through the stages of grief. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't moving at all though. It felt eternal and dream-like. But I was moving through it. And you are too. You're really doing amazingly well, all things considered.

In this past week, I've done more then I could imagine to protect myself and everything I have. So, I feel safe.
I bet you feel safe. You've pushed yourself, pushed your usual limits on protecting yourself. And guess what happens when we work to protect and heal ourselves? We feel better. We get better.

I try to remember I don't have to have all the answers, just do the next right thing.