Blame game example?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

great idea, tc.

i don't have any advice or words or consolation to add. just know that it really will get better, and well, if it's any help, even if she quit - putting down the bottle is just the first in a very long series of actions. it wouldn't mean that she would get a complete transplant of the ugly components of her personality.

hope church was fullfilling
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Weakness is not when you are open to other thoughts and ideas, recognising you need help and able to ask for it. That flyhigh, comes from true strength.

Weakness, is being AFRAID to open up, to see when help is needed, to ask for it.

Congratulations on your strength, and may it keep growing.

God bless
Amen
Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tpen View Post
Thanks everyone, I didn't want to post and look weak again. I feel better and know these feelings are normal. Please have patience with me as I grow loving myself.....for the first time in my life. I don't understand why this relationship occured as I always have felt God was walking with me the entire time.

I hope the wind dies down outside and I can regain a sense of peace.
Ah... I had many of the same feelings.... I'm a firm believer that things don't happen by mistake... we (you and I) have a free will and God will not stop us from making a mistake... however... in his mercy he finds a way to teach us (while still loving and being with us) using our mistakes.

I truly believed that my husband being an alcoholic/addict wasn't supposed to happen to me... but looking back.. I willfully ignored the red flags. BUT...My exah taught me things about myself that I probably would have never addressed on my own... I am a better person for having experienced this mess.... I never once felt that God abandoned me... during the process I did question (a lot) the why's....

Now I know many of the answers... and it's just as my tag line says...

"No man (person) can ever give you your self-worth, but you can let plenty of men rob you of it."

"Bad men (people) are spiritual graces sent in disguise to teach us, through torment, to love ourselves."
Hope you had a wonderful evening.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
today4me

Good idea TakingCharge, here ya go.

Talent: singing!! Finally found the confidence in my voice at age 37.

Best moments: observing the peace, beauty and presence of the Lord at my Uncles burial in Arlington. He was a POW/MIA and remains were discovered in 2005. The emotion and amazing grace observed during the ceremony are still clearly memorized in my mind.

Favorite places: Lake Vermilion, Minnesota. It must have 100's of islands of pine trees and when the lake is calm is where I love to be.

Santa Claus toy: train with engine, boxcars and tracks.

Top 5 songs: 1) I Believe (Brooks & Dunn); 2) Dance with Wolves Theme Song; 3) Amazing Grace: 4) Seven Bridges Road (Eagles); 5) U2
Old 04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
today4me

Church was an impact as the sermon was focused on: James 1:2 – My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,

Think that hit me hard enough? Oh yes indeed. So, I need to learn from this and love myself more is the message I am getting from this trial. Hard concept but it makes sense looking back at my relationships. I never put my foot down, just showed unconditional love as God would do. That is ok, but there is more to love than unconditional. Respect, honor, trust, patience, kindness, joy, etc. I could go on and on.

I never thought this post would get legs, just figured I had to vent. Thank you, and thank you.

Abide in the vine~
Old 04-15-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I really feel for all the people on here who are having trouble keeping the no contact up. I guess I am really lucky, because I desperately cling to no contact like a life preserver. I will do anything I can to avoid contact with my ex. Remember this because many of you will be where I am one day soon.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Her reply....I need to be with someone who trusts me.
Translated: "I need to be with someone who trusts me even though I'm not trustworthy".

Are you sure it isn’t more than twice…..oh you would definitely know the exact number and probably date.
And she's taunting you. You are supposed to be wondering now: is it just two or were there more? What am I missing?

And finally, a dig expressing contempt because you have normal interest and disapproval in your spouse's infidelities, and actually expect her to control herself.

She feels the life is being sucked out of her. Yep, it sure is--right into a bottle. Check in with her 10 years from now, if she's still alive, and see if she's not just a shell of what she is today.