Temper

Old 04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Temper

I let my temper out last night. A codependant relapse. I knew he was drunk the minute he walked in, and had guessed it earlier when he missed dinner. Too bad all my anger fell on drunk ears. Now I am back to me. I went to the dentist, shopping, and then out to lunch with myself. I'm on the fence as to the situation with him. I know I deserve better than this. I know I won't stay in this relationship much longer, because I am worth more than I allow myself to recieve. I am changing though, and as I progress, I'm not willing to beat myself up about this anger I let out. Stupid pathetic anger, not even at abf, at myself for sticking around this long.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know that I have been there before. Getting angry and wasting energy trying to reason with the unreasonable. You are at least recognizing the futility with this approach. It is hard and something that I struggle with on a daily basis.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stupid pathetic anger, not even at abf, at myself for sticking around this long.

This is some great insight! Good for you!!!

I bet it feels good to feel that anger come on but pass just as quickly. Remember when anger would stew around us and never leave. Now we can feel it, express it constructively (or maybe not), and move on from it! What a revelation.

If I knew then what I know now.....

I have a much better grasp on my emotions now. I can recognize them more easily, act on them more appropriately and put them aside to focus on the here and now when they come up out of context.

Glad you are feeling the success of focusing on you and your recovery!

Alice