He's just clueless

Old 03-28-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DMC

He's just clueless

So I have remained pretty much NC with STBXAH for the last month. It's been a blessing.

He emailed again today, asking when I'd be around to talk. I wrote back that I'd rather email but would be around this afternoon.

Listening to him now is almost funny. He's utterly clueless about how to go about "answering" the divorce petition, has not found a lawyer ("No one will see me"), and has not really even attempted the financial statement ("You have all the numbers... what am I supposed to put, I've been pretty much disabled for years...") (NOT! I just said "uh huh" in a noncommittal, nonemotional way.

And then goes on to say that it would just be a lot easier if I'd forget the whole thing, so that he could just go ahead and try to win me back.

Um, no.

He brought up the marriage vows. I told him that I'd done everything I could to uphold them, and felt like I'd reached the point where I'd tried everything I could. He obviously doesn't see it that way. He even asked to "go back to the status quo." I replied that the status quo was miserable for me, and I didn't want that.

He then said "you won't even talk to me!!"

He's thinking about not bothering to return the papers. I told him to call my lawyer.

I feel quite empowered by this whole conversation.
I could really screw him in this divorce. I'm not planning to, but he's certainly left himself wide open. Stupid alcohol. He then rambled on about checking into the local mental health place. Whatever.

I'd never really thought "quack, quack, quack" until today. But BAM, there is was, plain as day.

I can't fix him, and he has to put on his big-boy-pants and get his act together.
I just needed to share. I am feeling better and stronger every day.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Old 03-28-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totfit