Thank you

Old 03-24-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

I've not been on here for an age, either to read or participate, its part of the process I think. Im getting divorced now so I feel that this is part of the past now, but I feel guilty because I havent shared how things have changed, moved on and how this forum helped. For a full year, I NEEDED TO HEAR IT ALL, it helped me recognise they are mainly all the same, I wasnt going mad, it was me but by no means all me and in fact mainly him, sorry but that is true, living with and trying to have a successful relationship with an alcoholic is like trying to live with a cute wildcat you picked out of a hedge!!!! Im am glad to be getting divorced now, I just want it over, my life is immersurably better in terms of my social life because I can enjoy it, not fear the outcome of a pleasant night out, I even go for a drink on a sunday lunch time, lovely, no hassle, home in good time, not roaring drunk with horrible repurcussions, its bliss. Ive also learned that the man I missed is the man i WANTED him to be, not the reality. Hes with someone else, i can only feel sorry for her, i was so jealous before but i realise hes only taking her best years too....THE BIGGEST THING I HAVE LEARNED HERE IS THEY ARE NOT GODS, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME, THEY ARE NOT SPECIAL, THEY ALL DO AND SAY THE SAME THINGS, THEY ARE DRIVEN BY THEIR DEMONS, IM DIVORCING MY DEMON AND A YEAR ON, I PROMISE YOU I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE AND NOW I AM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!! Dont despair, you are the sane one, you can be as codie as you like but you will find yourself again - KEY: FRIENDS, IF YOU HAVE LOST THEM FIND THEM, OR MAKE THEM.....GOOD LUCK - READ MY OLD POSTS - IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER. Im at the end of needing this forum now, I have learned so much for which I am so grateful, thank you all for your words of wisdom. Love..Lillyx
Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Ive also learned that the man I missed is the man i wanted him to be, not the reality, hes with someone else,
That's a MONSTEROUS realization.
And to pick it up and wear it -
ANOTHER huge leap.

best of luck to you Lilly - blessings of peace and joy!

*I hope I never stop needing the friends I've made here.*
Old 03-24-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Lilly Burn View Post
Im at the end of needing this forum now, I have learned so much for which I am so grateful, thank you all for your words of wisdom. Love..Lillyx
A wise person pays it forward
Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lilly! So great to hear from you, and to know you are doing well.

Please take care of yourself