symptoms of a recovering a

Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sux

Question symptoms of a recovering a

My boyfriend is a recovering A he has been in treatment and going to meetings for 4 months I am soo proud of him. We have been dating 9 months and live with his family for 5 months. The problem is that we stopped having sex, he doesn't even touch me or hold me at night all I get is a good morning peck before I go to work. Is this a normal behavior from A recovering A. Please if anyone can help. I have tried many different things and nothing seems to work even talking to him.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It might be a little uncomfortable/awkward for him to have sober sex. I think it probably takes a little getting used to.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you might ask in the alcoholics forum.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My RAH has almost a year and I did notice that since sobriety he has been distant in that area way much more than when he was drinking. I was actually just thinking about it lately b/c it has been so different and I thought about it being due to the sobriety. Even when we have had sex it doesn't always work which is in part due to his age and true of the first year or two of sobriety from what I have read.

Give him time. It isn't about you.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have the same problem with my boyfriend. Since he has been sober he seems less affectionate and doesn't want to have sex. He just kisses me on the cheek instead of the lips. We have been togethor for 5 months and he has been sober for nearly a month. I am really proud of him and am really happy to see him getting control of his life finally, but it hurts me that he is so distant.

Now when I look back to the beginning of our relationship, he always needed a few drinks to 'loosen up' and become affectionate. But alot of the time he was too drunk and would pass out so we didn't have sex anyway. I thought being sober he would be able to have the energy to make love to me but it seems not. Like >Sux< says... he doesn't hold me at night or in the morning he just jumps out of bed before we can cuddle.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

have you talked to him about it?