I can't face him

Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

....and this is ESPECIALLY important in your particular case. Ask that the mediation take place in separate rooms so that you do not have to face your AH! The mediator goes between you and him. That way you can explain your real concerns and then it is up to the mediator to rephrase them "delicately" so that they are easier for AH to swallow. That's his job! Even better is if you have your lawyer there with you, but that's not necessary. Trust me -- this works sooooo much better.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613;2438860 Ask that the mediation take place in [B
separate rooms[/B] so that you do not have to face your AH! The mediator goes between you and him. That way you can explain your real concerns and then it is up to the mediator to rephrase them "delicately" so that they are easier for AH to swallow. That's his job! Even better is if you have your lawyer there with you, but that's not necessary. Trust me -- this works sooooo much better.
Excellent suggestion. I tried mediation, face to face with XAH. DISASTER. Second go around we were in separate rooms, my lawyer with me and the mediator and lawyer went back and forth. Still didn't work and the lawyer said, "That guy is a player." But atleast they both saw him as a manipulative person.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ok, noted. I'll suggest it to my lawyer when I do speak to her. Maybe...something will come of this.