The flu again??

Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The flu again??

So AH just called and asked me where I was at right now. Hello...it's 1:00, I'm at work - same as every other day. "oh, yeah..it's Tuesday he says". Anyway, he sounds horrible and says that he's pretty sure that he has the flu. He was totally fine this morning and I mean totally!

He's done this in the past where he calls and says to keep our daughter away from him because he's sick. But, when I arrive home he seems to be doing much better and then after awhile makes a drink.

Remember, he already has health issues relating to his drinking (enlarged liver, low red/white cell count, biliruben)....is this related? Have any of you had any experiences with detiorating health issues?

Urgh...the saga continues.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When your liver is diseased, you're immune system takes a hit. Your body isn't as strong to fight off infection like it used too, so it takes these people longer to get over an illness, or more likely to get one.

Not sure if he's just using it as an excuse or it's real, but if he's already got health problems due to liver disease, it's not unlikely.

Plus, the flu has been REALLY strong this year (swine and regular flu). Everyone is getting it, and as a ER nurse, I'm sick of looking at it...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At my house exah saying he had the flu=withdrawls. It magically goes away when they start drinking.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

when mine said he has the flu it meant he was hungover. his flu would miraculously disappear after a few drinks. i learned that mine needed a few drinks in the morning, otherwise, he was sick.

mine used to call me all the time also. i figured out that this was just to know where i was so that he could drink without me knowing.

once i figured this out, i had a bit of fun popping up unexpected in places. doing this confirmed my intuition.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In a way and my thinking tends to be hard to follow but is this such a bad thing…if he says he is incapable of taking his daughter then he is incapable of taking his daughter and this might be his way of telling you because honestly you don’t know either way….do you?

But I would be curious to know if he called an said look I have been drinking today or drank so much yesterday that I feel sick and can’t take her….well how would you react, and keep in mind when you play that out in your head that he is an alcoholic and remove the omg he is drinking or the omg if you didn’t drink…. cause hello alcoholic…
Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, as suspected it was a flu that only lasted about 1 1/2 hours. It isn't that he calls so much to find out where I am so he can drink...he always does that right in front of me....but I think it's his typical 'poor me' attitude. If he doesn't have anything to gripe about for the day then he says he's sick. He starts drinking every day around 9:30 when he gets up anyway so I don't know that it's withdrawls. I've never been a big drinker so I don't really know.

He's back to 100% today though...crappy attitude and all. I'm so relieved (sarcasm).