He wants to talk about unsupervised visits! HELP!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I really love this place and couldn't make it without your support. Thank you!

Exah of course never showed up. It was not raining and the sun was shining in fact. He kept on sending texts all evening asking what was bothering me. "Tell me hun..what is wrong. You can talk to me." Ok, where is the vomit emotion! LOL I didn't want him to think I was angry or he got to me and I finally responded with I am great! Life is great. That shut him up for awhile...then at 11:30 P.M. "Give baby a kiss for me" "Night". I had my phone down so I didn't see them until this morning. Must have been a long lonely night for exah.

Today I am going to change his name in my phone to Quack Quack! I love that!

I am sure the discussion is coming whenever he can manage to make a visit.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Startingover2 View Post
I am sure the discussion is coming whenever he can manage to make a visit.
The 'discussion' about him wanting more parental rights when he can't even live up to the obligations he already has? That discussion? Remember that in order to have a 'discussion' at least two people must participate. You don't have to participate.

L
Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

A little late to this thread but a couple things jumped out at me and I just wanted share some stuff that might help.

First off I would no way discuss anything over text message, even attempting to set up a time to have a discussion. Sending a text like that on his part is like pulling the pin on a hand grenade and throwing into a room then closing the door. It clearly got a huge reaction out of you and rattled you enough to loose sleep. I would establish a no text rule under any circumstance because they will either be deleted immediately or saved as evidence.

Second try to relax and think of the position you're in, he would have to get a judge to modify the existing order. This is no small feet for an active alcoholic and is most likely just him blowing smoke up your arse in order to get a response, (and it worked).

Third, you don't have to spend $250 an hour to talk to your lawyer about this stuff, just read the court order again that awards you custody and supervised visitation. Save the money on legal fees in the unlikely event that you REALLY need it.

I understand he can get you rattled but it's really up to you to eliminate that as a weapon he can use against you. You can do this.