I hate it!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

True, didn't sleep much last night, but today was a blessing.

I went to the church and told the office manager everything, including that I couldn't come in anymore until October. She asked a lot of questions about my current situation and how I felt about God in my life. I answered her questions and said that I have been praying and wanting very much to completely have faith that He would provide for me over the next couple of weeks (which is true). She then prayed with me, and the prayer was beautiful. Tears were spilling down my cheeks.

I thought she had left for her meeting after that, but about 20 minutes the pastor came into where I was working and sat down with me. He told me that she had shared my story with him. I told him I was too ashamed to ask for anything more after all they have provided, and he told me that it was important that I not be by myself and still come in and work and go to church on Sunday. He knows I am so close to reaching my goal financially. So before I left, he gave me a $25 gas card.

Then, I went to the store. I had a tiny bit on the food card the church had given me, and macaroni and cheese was on sale. Turns out, I didn't have enough to get it, until the cashier reached into her own pocket and paid the rest.

Really a blessed day. I am so grateful. Will do whatever I can to fight this depression.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cath - is there a food bank in your area?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hey Cath, really glad you have had a better day, what wonderful people.

I need to apologise to you, my post is full of advice, and you didn'/t ask for any! giving unsolicited advice is a major behavioural trait that I'm trying to ease out of. I'm sorry, you are a grown woman, who is amply proving herself to be capable of getting through very difficult circumstances
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
aka Glenna :)

Oh Jen, please don't apologize!! Your post was wonderful and full of great suggestions. I appreciated you writing so much and hope you will stay in touch with me.

I will check online about the food bank. I know there is one in the next city over, but you have to be a resident of that city in order to get food from them. I will see what I can find out. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

There is a St Vincent de Paul centre at
2647 Old Dixie Hwy, Riviera Beach, FL, - (561) 845-0562‎

SVDP can help with food and goods when things are tough for folks.
We don't care about race, creed or whatever, only that someone is in need.

What a good idea to treat this time as a personal retreat, to get closer to your HP, and who you are, your needs and desires. Also to brainstorm ideas for your future.

You will be in my prayers of course.

God bless