WW III here last night, and I will not waiver...

Old 09-16-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WW III here last night, and I will not waiver...

I will not waiver from my goals, and I continue to work hard on staying in the moment.

I stay out of my 21 year old's stuff till it affects me, and everything came to a head last night.

I do not care for the new BF of hers, but have kept my mouth shut. He doesn't come to my house, and that's fine with me. He's 7 years older than her, drinks regularly, and there's not one thing that impresses me.

Every time she gets involved in another relationship, she's Jeckyl and Hyde.

She's already quit her job with Pizza Hut since this relationship started. She's been there for over a year now this time. That is her ONLY source of income during the summer months.

It was very convenient for this guy and his mother to tell her the little Jack Russell terrier mix they have was too much to handle, and they were going to have him put down because they couldn't find a home for him. I think it's despicable when people take advantage of someone else's compassion for animals.

I told her no more dogs because the dog would get dumped on me. I know the routine.

She brings the dog home anyway, which we've been fighting about. She leaves for the state fair at 5 on Monday afternoon and does not walk back into this house until 7 last night.

I was running on about 2 hours of sleep from the night before because the little dog cried, barked, and howled for her all night long.

I tied into her and she hit back hard verbally, told me to f*** off, that she was an adult, and I told her she could get 'out there' and be an adult. Told her to pack her sh*t and git, and take the dog with her.

It was ugly. She also hit me with, "the BF has been more supportive of me in the last 2 weeks than you have ever been."

Operating on next to no sleep, yes I was very hurt by that.

She has no keys to the house, and I guarantee it will be locked while I am gone.

She can be an adult all by herself in the big bad world out there.

I think I start doing transcription at the job today, and I am very excited!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post

I think I start doing transcription at the job today, and I am very excited!
"Peace can be enjoyed by me today, regardless of circumstances, if I shift my perception."

Way to shift perception, DeVon! lol
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was ugly. She also hit me with, "the BF has been more supportive of me in the last 2 weeks than you have ever been."

Operating on next to no sleep, yes I was very hurt by that.
First off, "support" is subjective. While the BF may give her what she wants (to hear), you will give her what she needs (to hear).

Secondly, just because someone says something in the heat of anger doesn't make what words they say true.

Looks to me as if your HP may be giving you a fresh, clean peaceful environs now, to launch your new career!

Wishing you peace and sleep tonight,

CLMI
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mergirl

ahhh, the trials of motherhood. If they weren't so cute as babies, I am convinced our species would have died out

Big e-hugs coming your way honey.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well Dev, she is 21 now. Tell her "Welcome to the real world." Wish her luck and keep the doors locked.

Over the next few months I would suspect 'life' is going to get a tad rough for her.

You on the otherhand, seem to have your goals in place, your boundaries in place and the willingness to stick with your boundaries. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

It is sad when our children have to 'learn' about life the hard way, but it is their choice.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hrumph.....young people.....Sorry about the fireworks, but good for you!

Good luck with the work! How very cool!!!!!!

HG
Old 09-16-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm proud of you for setting boundaries and stickin' to 'em DeV! Sending a hug, a prayer, and some peace & serenity your way.....
Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are a wonderful, loving, caring parent. Your daughter is just going to have to grow up, and you are making good choices to safeguard your sanity and your home and allow her to experience real independence. I love reading your posts, I learn so much from how you handle things!

Enjoy transcribing today!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You made the decision that is the healthiest for both of you. The fact that she doesn't like it is...well...expected.

So many snarky comments to be made about that child, but I'll refrain. I'd rather talk about you.

Good luck with the transcription today!!! I'm excited for you. I really dig my job, and I hope you like it, too!!!

Alice
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

freedom: Sorry your daughter is having such a rough time right now and being so selfish and mean to you. As a parent that is very hurtful, even when we know it's b*llsh*t! But you're absolutely right that enabling her will not help her, and you are doing the best thing for both of you. My partner was thrown out by her mom 29 years ago in a situation very much like the blowout you had with your daughter -- and now she's says that it's one of the best things that ever happened to her!

Your daughter has a great example in you whenever she wants to avail herself of it, and she has HP she can turn to at any time she chooses.....

....and you, it seems, have an exciting new job to focus on. Good Luck and have fun!

freya
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It was very convenient for this guy and his mother to tell her the little Jack Russell terrier mix they have was too much to handle, and they were going to have him put down because they couldn't find a home for him. I think it's despicable when people take advantage of someone else's compassion for animals.
I
Agreed!! However, I do feel sorry for the dog . . . .

Unlike your daughter, the dog has to depend on another human being to care for him.

Why do people get pets and then decide it is more than they can handle and just give them away, or worse, have them put down.

I have a Jack Russell Poodle mix (jack-a-poo), she's adorable and a well behaved dog. But then she did go to doggy school! LOL!

Know you did the right thing!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awakening

!)She can be an adult all by herself in the big bad world out there.

2)I think I start doing transcription at the job today, and I am very excited!
On #1, I believe Dr. Laura would say, "Time to give her the 'Pink Slip' on her life."

On #2, Good job.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Put the little dogs pic up in a local market as a free give-away to a good home. You'll find one.

KJ
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The dog went with her, so he's not here anymore. I was getting zero sleep, still have several senior dogs, so the dog staying here was NOT an option.

I did start transcription today! PT and OT just started doing dictation for all their records two months ago, and the gal that is training me has been doing it from the start. It was a lot of fun, and I got to transcribe several different types of forms, PT evaluation, home health care evaluation, occupational therapy daily notes and weekly summaries, etc.

My area still isn't set up up yet, so I was actually on her computer, and she was on the gal's who is going full-time coding/billing for my physician as she isn't in on Wednesdays. I'll be in the same spot tomorrow. It is so so so nice to be sitting in a chair typing and not doing the back-breaking filing!