Sound the alarms!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good point. She says NO...so then he tried seducing her over text??

Clear violation of the boundary she set at first...totally ignoring her wishes...showing she is completely unheard, unlistened to, unrespected, and invalidated.

Yup, that's life w/an alcoholic, everybody!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry about what has happened. The minute your guard is down, it seems the rug gets pulled.

ME: I don't think so, sorry. (NO is a complete sentence and there is no need to give a reason) He did not listen to your saying no. NOT a good sign!HIM: Why?
ME: You turned your back on me when I needed support and made it worse with drunken calls.
HIM: Okay then. I can't change that.
ME: And have no desire to.
HIM: Not begging, sorry.
ME: Thanks for confirming that I was right to say no.
HIM: I'm fine. Just don't want to rehash. Maybe you're not ready to see me then.

We don't have to give reasons for having a boundary. Any person who ignores your NO is dangerous.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done, and I bet the meeting did more for you than getting hooked back into this self-centred user's little world again.

Maybe staying away from him does feel strange for you right now, and you are out of your comfort zone, but is being around him and all that means what you call comfortable?
Does listening to his moaning, blaming, and general quacking make you comfortable?

From your posts, it seems that you have been anything but happy or comfortable with him, and some of his actions have driven you to desperation.

Heck Cath, you have been out of YOUR comfort zone for ages, because you have been keeping this little tin god in his comfort zone.

Time to let him deal with his problems and behavior, and past time to get yourself into a life where you care for you, and not some selfish ingrate.

There is a wonderful world out there...... go get it.

God bless
Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Why does he have your phone number?

You can change your phone number and put an end to this harassment right now.

Protect yourself- you seem wide open to his attacks if you are just going along your day and he starts texting and sexting and intruding on your precious mental health!

Glad you stayed strong.
peace-
b