sjndjirurot

Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by FreeBird09 View Post
I have large spiders, does that count? lol... yuck!..
They eat all of the really annoying bugs. I always leave them. I really only kill ants and roaches.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The worse nightmare are bed bugs. They are worse than ants. THey are forever. Hibernating survival machines.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

They eat all of the really annoying bugs. I always leave them. I really only kill ants and roaches.
I think, once you get bit by a Brown Recluse spider you will change your mind and get rid of all spiders in your house. A Brown Recluse bite is horrible! Their venom is a 9 protein venom that immediately starts eating flesh when bit. You may see only a little bug bite, but it is already working on the flesh under the bite. If not identified and taken care of quickly by a Dr surgery is usually required and on a huge area.

I never used to mind spiders, they didn't bother me all, then I got bite by a Brown Recluse, now I cannot stand any spider! I have a very healthy 'fear' of spiders now. I will not go through that ordeal again. Brown Recluse are found in 'dark' places ...... in cabinets under sinks, closets, etc

I try and keep all insects and varmints out of my house, just safer that way, lol I used to have a couple of house cats, until I became allergic to cats, and they did an excellent job of keeping the field mice away. Since they have been gone there has only been one mouse and he/she went back out the same way he came in (way has since been repaired) when my Shania (my avatar) came at him quicker than a cat would, roflmao She doesn't like strange 'critters' in her house either.

Ants. You can get a quart bottle with a narrow nozzle of Boric Acid, at Family Dollar, or the Hardware store or Home Depot, etc it is a white powder. Sprinkle it on the 'line' they walk. They will take it back to the colony and eventually it will kill most of them. Do not worry if fur baby (kitty or dog) gets some on their paws and licks it off, it won't hurt them, but it does take care of the ants. When I get the ant hills in my driveway, I pour the powder all around the hole and pretty soon all are gone again.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 07-28-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

The Brown Recluse and the Wolf Spider are found in 'my neck of the woods' and you can't kill them with bug spray, they need a spider trap of sorts. My step father was bit by the Brown Recluse and within hours he couldn't walk the pain in his leg was so bad, and he went right away to the dr for meds. I tend to stay away from spiders and leave them alone. My biggest fear is snakes.