Finally getting the help I need

Old 07-21-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally getting the help I need

Last week I went to my first counseling session, I'm so proud of myself. As some of you may know from my recent post I was debating whether or not to go talk to someone. So far I plan on going once a week and the lady is really nice and understanding. She agrees with me 100% that my dad's behavior is stupid and childish. My mom is also getting counseling as well! So for the encouragement.

This week my dad will receive the official papers saying my mom has filed for divorce, and maybe he will actually believe she is moving on. Idk why is so dumb to think she is stupid for leaving after 20+ years; I continue to tell my mom to do this for her and not for me cause I will be fine. I am her continuing source for positive reinforcement and I always will be. My mom is also looking into discussing with her lawyer about keeping him in jail till his next court date, in 2 months, being it deals with a similar issue, I hope it works out that way too.

I have learned that my dad's drinking is his problem and I can do nothing about it but express my dislike. He is selfish, disrespectful, and takes too much for granted; and the sad part about it is that he thinks he is doing nothing wrong..what a fool. Also next week is his birthday and also the day he has a court date to decide whether he goes to jail or he will take this freedom for granted and act a fool once again.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

So glad to hear!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're gathering support around you, jtr! We've been worried about you.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am glad you support your mom! great news!! keep up the good work, your thread lifted up my spirits today.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post

I am glad you support your mom! great news!! keep up the good work, your thread lifted up my spirits today.

My dad took getting the papers today well and calm, but I ended up dropping him off at "the other womans" house and most likley he has been drinking. Me and my mom both agree that no matter how he comes home, he will not do anything to harm us and this will all be over soon. Cause in the end he is gonna lose his family no matter how this divorce ends, period.

Gotta stay positive!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thanks for the update jtr!

I'm happy you like your counselor and it's also good news about your mom!

Take care of YOU!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are very wise for your age.

These are all symptoms of his disease-addicts are master manipulators and very selfish, by nature of the illness it forces them to behave selfishly.

Perhaps your dad is reaching his bottom that might shake him out of this into recovery? But you just take care of yourself. You will be fine

Originally Posted by jtr90 View Post
I have learned that my dad's drinking is his problem and I can do nothing about it but express my dislike. He is selfish, disrespectful, and takes too much for granted; and the sad part about it is that he thinks he is doing nothing wrong..what a fool. Also next week is his birthday and also the day he has a court date to decide whether he goes to jail or he will take this freedom for granted and act a fool once again.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey jtr I'm very happy for you and your mom!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks for the support!

when my dad came home last night, after having me pick him up at 2am in the morning (disrespectful) from the "other woman's house" of course he tried to get my mom to refile and get her money back cause "we" have too much going on. the real reason is cause his lawyer wants $3000 for whatever reason and he can't afford it cause he doesn't have a job, so he is basically scared. haha

plus on top of that i go back to school at the end of next month so i wont have to deal with him for long, plus once my mom gets sole possession of the house, he will no longer live with us which means happy holidays for us! woooh God is good!