An ex asked for forgiveness today

Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Post An ex asked for forgiveness today

I went out with him for a very short time last year, then he said he was not ready for a comittment and we broke up... some months after the break up I was very sad and angry at him.

Of course, after ex AH, this guy seems like Mr Perfect now, LOL.

Some months ago I sent him an email saying I hoped he was OK and that I did remember the good times we passed together, that the bad was forgotten and that I wished him well... not really expecting anything from him, I just wanted him to know it.

We exchanged a few emails after that.

It feels good to know I did not need or expect this apology to achieve my own closure and yup, there it is anyway.

"I woke up reflecting on these last years and eventhough its been more than one year already since we were together, its never late to ask for forgiveness if I hurt you. It is not my intention to live damaging others and have no feelings. I would like to know you only have a good memory of those times, because that is what I have. I hope your job is going well, that your current relationship is what you are looking for and that you are successful in all your future activities"

It feels good to know we are not the only ones soul-searching. It feels good to be OK with a person and know that in their mind, they only remember you in the best light too.

Thanks for letting me share
:ghug