Sad

Old 08-19-2003, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sdp

Unhappy Sad

It is 5am and I'm getting ready for work. Today is my birthday. My A is over our neighbors,drinking. I take public transportation to work(in the city) and had asked this same neighbor for a ride. Guess I'm not getting it.
If my A even does go to work today (and he just missed Friday) he will be too tired to make any effort for me tonight.
That makes me very sad.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well Happy Birthday to you!!!

Why don't you make some other plans for yourself. Maybe with a girlfriend and do something special. You deserve it!!

I know that you would like for him to participate, but if he isn't going to.....there's no need for you to miss out!

Treat your self special......today is YOUR day.

Blessings,
Constant
Old 08-19-2003, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!!!!

****{HUGS}}}
Old 08-19-2003, 04:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Happy Birthday SDP!

My husband, clean or not, doesn't make much effort for me when it comes to my birthday. So, I've stopped expecting and hoping him to and I make plans of my own! I've also realized that it's time for me to stop making an effort for his birthday. If he can't do it for me, why should I go out of my way for him???

Hmmm, we'll see how well that goes over next month!

I've learned it's better to not have any expectations. Taking care of me means I don't ask unreliable people for rides, expect others to put effort into anything that doesn't personally involve them, or hope for something from someone that they just don't have to give.

I want you to have a good day so do something for yourself! Like Constant says, call a girlfriend, take yourself to dinner, see a movie, bake yourself a cake - anything that makes you feel good.

Take care and hugs,
JG
Old 08-19-2003, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sdp

Thank you all!!! I wqas just disappointed at waking up alone, and then having to wait for the bus!!! I had planned a half day at work, picked the kids up at at babysitter and we went to the movies (Uptown Girls-wait for the video) A friend is making up chicken tacos for dinner. And when I got home, there were flowers from my sister!!! It will be a good day,
We had pretty much celebrated my birthday on Sunday-- went on a lunch cruise downtown. He thought of it all by himself, which was a big thing in and of itself!!! I just didn't think it was too much to ask that he actually be home when I woke up!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sdp

Ran out of room!!! It's just a big bday- the big 4-0.
His still being out at 5 am is not an infrequent occurrence, but today of all days!!!.....
Also, I can't blow off his birthday, much as I would like to-- it's important to the kids to do something. I did pretty much ignore Father's Day tho...
Old 08-19-2003, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday sdp!

I'm glad you had some fun. Never forget to celebrate yourself, no matter what other people do.
Peace,
Gabe