Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

the man that i have been dating for a month just told me he is an alcoholic

the man that i have been dating for a month just told me he is an alcoholic

Old 03-14-2009, 12:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Get out.. get out now..

Read my thread.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, I agree with the general consensus. My H had been sober for a few years before we got married and I foolishly thought he would never do anything to jeopardize our marriage. Well I was wrong. He has relapsed several times since December 2007 and I left him once. Three months after I returned I caught him again. We are still together for now but things are pretty tense around here. I am always hyper-vigilant and wonder when the other shoe will drop. I will not tolerate a replay of what happened last summer. He knows...one more time and I'm outta here.

You don't have much invested in this relationship. Get while the getting's good.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i would run very very fast the other way and never look back, life with an alcoholic is one of the worst experiances you can go through, i now have a son with an absent father because of alcohol and hes in rehab and he still isnt there for his son, its simply not worth it
Old 03-15-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to this forum....click on any of our names to read out histories....I was married for 22 years to my xah....and when the disease progressed so did the chaos and crisis in our lives until he found his "soulmate" who drank with him, turned him into a meth addict and then ....well much worse...

Might I suggest you RUN do not walk away....you RUN away just as fast as your little feet can carry you.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Read my post above - he stayed sober for (I THINK) a week. He relapsed AGAIN today. From what he says (and he's a liar!!), he drank 3 tall beers and took 8 sleeping pills (so he could sleep off the beer, according to him...which I know is a another lie, he just wanted to heighten the drunk effect...as always!). My birthday is Saturday and he was going to take me to my favorite restaurant - now he'll be too drunk to do anything! Even if he manages 5 minutes of sobriety on Saturday, he'll STINK of alcohol. I made other plans for my birthday.

Do yourself a favor - RUN FOREST RUN!!

Run far, run fast, and run now. I'm going to take my own advice now as well!!