i should have known better

Old 12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i should have known better

yet here i am, devastated that i just broke up with my alcoholic boyfriend. I look at my journals and for months i have been unhappy and KNEW it was alcoholic behavior, and tried to not enable--and yet i don't want this to be this way. it is like it has to, but i don't want it to be this way, but i know it is the alcoholism that is making it so bad. the twist is we are business partners-so it's like i can still see him, but he won't be mine. i am sick in the head.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I've never had a business partner, but I've had an alcoholic partner. I couldn't trust my alcoholic partner on any level. I can't imagine trying to rely on a business partner who's also an active alcoholic. Are there any steps you can take to protect your interests? Any wording in the partnership agreement that would give you an out?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what you "should have known better", escape artist ?

You broke up with your boyfriend because he's an active alcoholic and was evidently doing some kind of damage in your life. Your journals say so, your heart says so. You put it off as long as you could stand it, from the sound of it.

It sounds like you DID know better, and finally acted on it.

I know it hurts like crrrrazy right now, but beating yourself up over doing the right (but hard) thing doesn't help matters any, only makes you feel worse.

((escape artist)))
Old 12-27-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

protect the business assets immediately. i let my xah help me in the business's that i managed and he ripped off lots of money. since i was the manager in name, i was held responsible and was arrested. now, i have a long legal battle ahead of me and try to hold him accountable for what happenend.

like fd said, she wouldn't trust an active alcoholic on any level.

it's true.

i'm living proof.