Trouble closing the door...

Old 12-16-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Silverberry!!! (cue fanfare)

CONGRATULATIONS...you have a Masters now!!! Totally awesome.
:HONYnewyear025firew

This season, of ever darker days and quiet long nights is a good time for self-examination. Look at all you had to read, learn, research to get to this level of mastery over a specialized subject - you will probably come to many useful insights about yourself and your situation now that you have the time it takes to really focus, to think, to feel, to research (search again!) your own soul & self. You have shared some pretty profound insights on here, I wish you luck as you root around some more!!

The first holidays after my divorce were WEIRD!! I completely let go of the past and let new things and new traditions begin. I learned a lot about gratitude at Thanksgiving for the first time in my life and Christmas was actually very sweet, and small, and I had no anger for the first time in all my previously married years - I felt sadness yes, but more than that peace.

Thanks anvil for that list of emotions. It made me think of when I first got into AlAnon and this idea that I could choose how to feel, how to react which was so foreign to me- I could have used this menu back then!!! I think I thought I had only 3 feelings to choose from: despair, anger, numbness. Thanks for the smorsgasbord take-away menu!!

Peace-
B.