For those of you who have lost a beloved pet

Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For those of you who have lost a beloved pet

I am a member of the ASPCA. Yeah, I was bawling like a baby when Sara McLaughlin was singing "In The Arms of the Angels" while I looked at animals who had been abused and rescued. Thus, I became I monthly contributor/member.

The ASPCA has a tollfree hotline dedicated to counseling people who have issues/problems pertaining to their pets. The service is managed by Stephanie LaFarge, Ph.D., and they handle calls that range from an owner facing euthanizing a pet to how to deal with putting an aging parent who does not want to leave their pet behind, but is going into a nursing home that does not accept pets.

So if you have lost a pet and need support, or have other issues pertaining to your furbabies, you can call this number toll-free number 24/7: 877-474-3310.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Those of us with pets must (MUST) realize that our pets will not last forever, we must cherish each day we are blessed with our pets, and lastly - instead of regetting the loss of the pet perhaps celebrate the time you had with your pet with joy.

As a child I had the gift of 13 years with a beloved cat. I cherish the memories, I refuse to be sad over the loss.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living the good!!

I lost my dog last year and just got a new dog about 2 weeks ago. I think the worst thing I heard is when my dealer said, " you know dogs don't go to heaven" well I was crushed and I am glad I don't see her anymore!
Just want to say...I am so in love with my new dog. I never thought it would happen again, but it has!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In the UK, the Pet Bereavement Service offer email support. I found them invaluable, when I lost my Pebbles, tortie tabby 12 year old cat, to diabetes back in 2003. She was precious to me, and helped me through some of the worst times in my 20s.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had to put one of my 2 dogs back in the pound, it was one of the worst feelings Ive ever had, i miss her to this day, praying she was adopted again, in my hart in she was . but for the longest time i felt that she was gone.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

THANK YOU PRODIGAL!

I wish I had this when I lost my beloved dog and friend of 12 years in January - thank you so much for sharing! All other pains in my life paled in comparison to watching my best friend die in my arms. I still get the wind knocked out of me when I think about him sometimes.