Is this abuse or just controlling.....

Old 11-03-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree with freeflower, Blessed. It is not right. I do know that we all come to our own bottoms and realizations at our own speed, but honey, peeing in the sink and then calling you a b*tch is very abusive in itself, stealing from you your very soul, your very right to have peace, love and self-nurturing going on in your own house. Please think about putting yourself first today, about seeing what you are not allowing for yourself when you stay in this environment. Anything you do for yourself will also benefit your little one also.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

Emotional Abuse

Originally Posted by AWEDA View Post
I fear what the years of emotional abuse have done to my son.
We are away from AH for 18 months and he seems to be doing ok.

I have him seeing the guidance counsler at school and keep communication open.
He will be turning 14 next week,that is a hard enough age to deal with,all I can do is love him and pray.

I always said I stayed in my marriage to my AXH for the sake of the kids. I wanted them to have both parents. I figured since I was such a nurturing parent, it would x out what my AH was doing to me (physically, and emotionally), and to the kids emotionally. Unfortunately it doesn't work out that way. I regret not leaving when I had 1 child, let alone bringing 3 into the abusive situation. I will never regret my children, as they are my life, and the only people I think I truly love. My older sons are 'just like Dad', and my daughter, before she passed was in a relationship with someone who was 'just like Dad' I did take my youngest son away from the situation when he was 12, (he will soon be 15) and he seems to have adjusted well, and sees the traits that his brothers have as horrible. He says often, I love them but the way they act is crazy, and the drinking, what a waste of life. Then getting involved with AXBF was a knock back for me and my son, but we are picking up the pieces and staying strong.

You and your son keep working on it, and I will pray for you. :ghug3
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

One of my favorite things to do now with my kids is sit on the front porch with them snuggled in close and watch thunderstorms roll in.
It's interesting how people's childhood experiences shape their lives, change their thinking or their view of the world, reduce their self esteem, or instill fear. You find comfort snuggling with your children and watching thunderstorms roll in. I fear thunderstorms because I understand fully the power of nature and that I'm not immune to the dangers they present.

My youngest brother was struck through the heart by lightening and died instantly.

Some memories are impossible to forget. Thunderstorms come in many forms. Some are created by nature's fury; others are created by man's fury. I've learned that I can't control mother nature, but I can control what goes on inside my own home. When I find myself likening the people in my life to thunderstorms, it's time to make some changes to protect myself and my children from the fury.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am getting things in order financially. I'm currently working at a not-for-profit making about half of what I could be. I'm also dealing with my dad having end-stage cancer. He adores my AH and I have been good at hiding things, as they live out of town. He isn't aware of what is going on and I have mixed feelings about whether it would even be beneficial at this point to let him know.

I really appreciate all of the kind words and input. I am well aware that I am living in a minefield, and have every intention of getting out asap. I just want to thank you all for being gentle with me and sharing your experiences.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ago

hugs...

you know...I spent a lot of time in therapy...telling my stories...asking questions....mainly why why why ......asking for answers....

she always told me I had all the answers I was looking for

what you come looking for, you come looking with....

what made me say this?

I was reading this thread, and your responses, and I read your last post

then I saw your signature

you have the answers hon