Still having contact

Old 10-04-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still having contact

THe XAGF texted me today asking if I messed with her car insurance. I had been taking care of that for her. I only removed my car off of her policy and got my own. She proceded to give my an update on her situation. I did ask some questions and found out a few things. Nothing that would change my mind, that can't ever happen. I just thought it was nice to have a sort of normal conversation, even though it was texting. She is suppose to move back to Florida, and she wants to sell her car. I don't really want it, but I would buy it if came down to it.

I'm sure some of it was quacking, and some was not quacking. I feel like I said my peace with her. She never did ask about all her stuff I gave to Goodwill.

It just seemed kind of weird.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AmpHusky View Post

I'm sure some of it was quacking, and some was not quacking. I feel like I said my peace with her. She never did ask about all her stuff I gave to Goodwill.

It does sound like a pretty odd exchange. So do you still take care of her car insurance? Meaning you pay for it?

I can't really tell your tone from this message, but it sounds like you were alright with the exchange that occurred between the two of you. I'm glad it went well, if that's how you feel!

By the way....I wanted to tell you I like how you use the verb quack. My ABF does a fair amount of "quacking" himself.

Hope you are well today!

K
Old 10-04-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She is suppose to move back to Florida, and she wants to sell her car. I don't really want it, but I would buy it if came down to it.
Came down to what? Why?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my experience, when my xab texted or called me there was always an alternative motive. Be careful they are great manipulators.

gill
Old 10-04-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

THe XAGF texted me today asking if I messed with her car insurance. I had been taking care of that for her. I only removed my car off of her policy and got my own. She proceded to give my an update on her situation. I did ask some questions and found out a few things. Nothing that would change my mind, that can't ever happen. I just thought it was nice to have a sort of normal conversation, even though it was texting. She is suppose to move back to Florida, and she wants to sell her car. I don't really want it, but I would buy it if came down to it.

They like the engagement, figuring if you're communicating with them at all, on any level, even something as innocent as a text message, there's a chance. For me, the answer is:

:codiepolice
Old 10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I will be careful about her texting me. I always reply with someone like. "your family still loves you, but you are sick. No one can help you but you, People are detaching from you for a reason." Things like that, I will not, and cannot bring her back into my life. I think it is just the way we are on this board, we still care, because we are still human. I am still praying she will get help, and find a life, even if it is without me.

I was ok with the exchange today. She may have been a little sober. I keep waiting for the text to come at night that says, " I'm scared". I will have to say "go to AA" or something.

If it came down to me buying the car from her, I may. I actually picked it out for her back in Nov, and if I can get it cheap, I will. I have a truck and can't get my two kids in it easily.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by Mair View Post
In my experience, when my xab texted or called me there was always an alternative motive. Be careful they are great manipulators.

gill
I have to agree with my experience as well-mine always was up to something when he called or did the txt! I finally decided that if he was an X he was going to stay that way and I changed my phone number! After 6 years of having the same phone number!

When you have had enough you will know-IMHO there is no such thing as a normal conversation with one who is in active addiction. If they are in a program of their choice then I could see the conversations becoming "normal" at some point until then in my book it is all just quacking towards getting their needs met!

Good Luck