Ah entering sober living..

Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Ah entering sober living..

So, what a week.. My ah does not want to lose us and understands what he has been doing which is nothing to work on his sobriety has lead us to sober living.. I dont like the coulda, shoulda, woulda's, However Dan should have went straight to sober living after rehab..IT was a long 5 months away without him and he thought and we thought that he was ready to come home. The truth is he is not ready and has a lot of work still to do..so we have come to this place and I am relieved that he can go elsewhere to focus on his recovery and still be close by staying active in my daughter's life. I am feeling much better today than I was a few days ago. I am grateful he wants this and knows the alternative is surely death. He is too much of a good guy to leave this world early. Im happy tonight..
Old 09-27-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's wonderful! I hope it will all work out for you!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah
I caught the re-run of your Intervention last night and I must say you are a strong woman! This episode was proabably as most true to life for me, and my situation. Your Dan is so wonderful when sober, and your daughter is so beautiful, it's just sad. The relapse must have been so difficult for you, I totally understand your frustration. I hope sober living works for him, and he's getting the help he needs to deal with his emotional scars. I admire you for standing by him.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sarah, I watched Dan's intervention for the first time last night. I was happy to see at the end that they had updated it and showed his new sobriety date and what he was doing.

I must say, I am sure there was lots more that was edited out, however, with what they did leave in, I hope that Dan gets some professional One on One Counseling also. He has some BAD demons he has to get through and past, and even in the Big Book of AA that was written back in 1938 they stated that they realized that sometimes professional help is definitely needed.

You have a very strong program working for you, and I will send good thoughts and prayers that this will work for Dan. I do believe he loves you and Ava very much, however, he has to work through his own problems and possibly some PTSD which in turn will negate the reason to quiet the demons and give him the ability to be a sober, loving, caring father and husband.

My heart goes out to you, and I hope you will share more of your ES&H as it is very inspiring.

Love and hugs,