Higher Power sending me messages

Old 08-08-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freed from the anguish

Higher Power sending me messages

I got to work this morning and read our company's weekly updates newsletter. And do you know what the quote of the week was this week?!

“Basing our happiness on our ability to control everything is futile.” - Stephen Covey - - - Is that not perfect or what?! Hahaha! I'm SUCH a codie! I went out after the first day of finding this site (Tuesday) and immediately bought "Life after Codependency" and "Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay" and I'm looking forward to reading them both. I believe my next two purchases will be the followup book on Codependency and the book called "Healing is a Choice".

You have all been so helpful. Already I'm beginning to see how I let what my AH did/does/might do control my every next step. And I'm a BASKETCASE for it. I'm already beginning to reprogram my brain, and as I sat down with my parents last night to tell them for the first time what's been going on (I'm 28, my AH is 26), I didn't feel so lost. They started asking me the questions I was asking you, "What if he does drink again?", "What if... what if...". And right out of my own mouth I was saying (with hope and confidence), I can't control what he does or doesn't do, and I definitely am not going to live my life and base all my plans on what-if land. I'm going to live ONE DAY AT A TIME for ME. Right now, I know I need counseling to work through all the muck in my heart. That's all I need to deal with right now is finding me some good counseling. I told them I now have a support line in place of friends. If he so much as picks up a bottle, I have friends who will come help me pack my things and leave within 24 hours, and there are places for me to go temporarily and more permanently. That's all I need right now, and as days go by, I'll know what the next step is that I need to take
Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have a plan! That's fantastic!

Do you have an EAP program at work? I had a good counselor through my ex-employer but she was not hard enough on me.

Read your heart out and keep posting!

((((( JustMe )))))
Old 08-08-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Okay, you are a quick study. You sound ready to begin your speaking circuit!!

Honestly, amazing stuff. Great tools to have when your brain starts trying to outsmart you!

I'm a person of faith, myself, and have recognized that while God sends me messages, so does "that other guy" and you need all of this wisdom to put those messages in their place.

Stay strong and keep connected.