Hes losing it and Im scared

Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hes losing it and Im scared

AH is starting to lose it. He is very depressed and won't even hardly talk to me or the kids. He comes home late after spending an hour or two at his house and just sits here and wont' say much to anyone. Hardly plays with the baby.

I finally had enough of this behavior and confronted him. I said I felt like he was punishing us for whatever reason. He just said he was worried about what was going to happen. I asked him when he was going to give notice at his house like he planned to do so we would have some extra money here and he said he didn't want to think about that. I have a feeling he is getting ready to run back again. Why? This DUI has nothing to do with us.

ok, baby is crying...post more later.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why is he taking this DUI out on me? I cannot afford to help him with his attorneys fees and I feel like unless I do, he will continue to be this way.

Can anyone tell me how they got full custody of their child when a AH was involved? I have written down the times he has been drunk, this is his second dui in 5 years. Anything else I can use? I am so scared he is going to flip out and try and get joint custody.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All I can say on the custody question is talk to an attorney. They will have the answers you need.

Why is he acting the way he is? Who knows but perhaps because he's scared that the consequences for his actions are quickly catching up with him and he is unable to accept responsibility for his choices?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

From my understanding and research he is facing some possible jail time, alcohol classes, fines, and loss of license, plus blowing a .22. Doesn't that count for something in court? Strange how my love for him is taking a backseat to what I need to do for our daughter. Keep him here so I can monitor what is going on or kick him out? All the signs are pointing that he is going out on his own. He hasn't drank anything since the weekend, but here we are at Friday. Let's see how serious his sobriety is. I made an appointment for an attorney next week.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Startingover2 View Post
Strange how my love for him is taking a backseat to what I need to do for our daughter. Keep him here so I can monitor what is going on or kick him out?
So put yourself and your daughter first! Let him deal with whatever comes his way. And please don't drive yourself crazy by trying to monitor him, his drinking or lack of it. Again those are his choices and if he gets in further trouble, well that would again be his problem not yours.

Why continue to jump thru hoops or walk on egg shells for his benefit? What does that get you?