Latest-little long

Old 06-02-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

computer

unless u r going to run high end video/graphics/rendering/real time there is zero need to have a 3.0 cpu. even a 1.8 - 2.0 duo on an intel macbook can run hd video Final cut pro.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by i4getsm View Post
Hey Sailor. Hope you know we're giving you tough love and not slamming you. Just want you to see it from an outside perspective. I know you're struggling. Hope you can find a way to get through this and find some peace so you're not caught up in the madness that sounds like has been your past few days/weeks.
I need you guys to kick me in the ass! Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steve11694 View Post
unless u r going to run high end video/graphics/rendering/real time there is zero need to have a 3.0 cpu. even a 1.8 - 2.0 duo on an intel macbook can run hd video Final cut pro.
I wondered about all that and one other little very odd bit, the employer was insisting that the machine had to have Windows XP-not Vista, which made it very difficult, practically no one is selling machines that come with XP, and you have to jump through hoops to install XP on top of Vista.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
Well duh, I am a recovering alcoholic. One of the things that bothers me more than anything, I'm the one that's supposed to know better!
I was not aware of this. Strange then how a few of us caught onto this trait within you then? Are you working your steps, receiving therapy/counselling? You seem to be still caught in the mind game role a lot of us here left our A's to escape.

Also you seem very defensive and reluctant to self reflect upon yourself. No one said you are supposed to 'know better'. All any of us offer is another persepective for you to view your situation from. All of us are muddling through our own recoveries. We help each other along by giving these differing view points. The replys you have received that perhaps don't sit well with you are possibly causing inner conflict because they are things you need to work upon?

Wishing you serenity
Love Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-03-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

John, at 1 1/2 years sober, I got married to 'another sober alkie.'

Little did I know what was about to happen, sheesh.

On my 3rd AA birthday, My AA Sponsor, suggested to me VERY STRONGLY that I start attending Alanon, IMMEDIATELY, like THAT SAME DAY.

Now, still being in the 'please my sponsor mode' I went. I will never ever regret it. Between my AA sponsor and my Alanon sponsor (a double winner, AA and Alanon) I found so much help, a different perspective on those 12 steps, how to look out for me, how to set boundaries, etc etc.

I know you post here. I knew you were a recovering alcoholic, but don't know if you are going to Alanon also. It can only help you, not only in this situation, but in many many situations in life.

Please get some 3 x 5 cards. Print on each one in BOLD print and all caps:

The 3 C's:

I didn't CAUSE it,

I can't CONTROL it, and

I can't CURE it.

Place these on your refrig, on your bathroom mirror, in your vehicle, etc all readily visible.

It will be an INSTANT reminder of where you are heading.

Well duh, I am a recovering alcoholic. One of the things that bothers me more than anything, I'm the one that's supposed to know better!
Nope, not really. As we get sober and clean, we seem to forget how we ourselves, or at least I did for a while, manipulated, conned, scammed, did all in my power to keep me in my DOC. I got sober and clean and wanted so badly to believe in the GOOD in people. I suspect you are this way also.

So no you shouldn't have known better. Please be careful about placing those "Shoulds" and "Shouldn'ts" on yourself.

Keep posting here, you will get there, you know you will.

You already know you have to disconnect anything financially hooked with her, just to save your own skin. You already know you are going to have to TOTALLY DETACH from this woman. Toxic people are just not any good at all for anyone in recovery. Alanon can help you with this.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 06-03-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Stated beautifully Laurie! I wish I had your skill for words,

John - I really do wish the best for you

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
does she only drive the van, sober? :atv

1 more reason, to get your name off (anyway you can) that vehicle... If/When they pull her over, you could be involved in that. For me, when this did happen, a drinking buddy of xabf, wanted a truck, I'm still thankful...
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
I wondered about all that and one other little very odd bit, the employer was insisting that the machine had to have Windows XP-not Vista, which made it very difficult, practically no one is selling machines that come with XP, and you have to jump through hoops to install XP on top of Vista.

XP is a better choice since Vista has had numerous problems and considered a failure by many.
Because of the above, XP is STILL an option from MANY companies including Dell.

You don't install xp on top of vista. You do a clean XP install.