Celebrating 23 years.....

Old 05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Belated anniversary blessings to you Kindeyes! You are a star around SR and I'm so glad you and your husband are having such a ball together!

Here to us all finding that loving fella we deserve!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lily
Thank you for the well wishes. You make be blush because I'm just plain ol' me....I'm nothing special. Just a slow learner! I do know that I am lucky to have a wonderful partner who has stuck by me through thick and thin with our A son. And believe me, there have been times when it would have been much easier for my DH to extract himself from the situation than put up with the chaos that my son's addiction brought into our family and our relationship.

gentle hugs and I do hope that everyone here at SR can find a partner to share the good times (and the difficult times).
Old 05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Lily
Thank you for the well wishes. You make be blush because I'm just plain ol' me....I'm nothing special..
The more I read here the more I think that we are all special. I am always struck by the love and care we are capable of showing to one another. Once in my life, I was disillusioned with the world and felt that no one really cared about anyone else, along with some hard work on myself, the members here at SR helped me to see I was wrong.

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
...I do know that I am lucky to have a wonderful partner who has stuck by me through thick and thin with our A son. And believe me, there have been times when it would have been much easier for my DH to extract himself from the situation than put up with the chaos that my son's addiction brought into our family and our relationship..
This is what true love is about don't you think? Finding that someone who wants to be a part of your life because they feel enhanced by you! Who wants to share in your ups and downs just because they're YOUR ups and downs! I am sooo looking forward to finding that!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
3 2 6

any one who has been touched with this, deserves cake, Anytime... Congratulations on your 23rd.

Even though, deep down, I think it would be nice to find a guy like this... But realistically (if there is even a word for that). I don't think there are enough of them to go around. So I feel, that I am not any different than the person who has this kind of relationship. I just happened not to find it. But then life comes & shows you sooo much that you do have, all the peace, serenity and good health. I'm Blessed with all this. But hope your 25th is all this & more
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience....cake and all!

As somebody said above it is really lovely to share all the other things in our life and not just the reason we are all here.

Thank you for brightening my day too and I wish you a very happy for the next 23 years too :0)

Phiz :0)
Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

A few days late, but CONGRATULATIONS! I loved your post!
Thank you for sharing something happy with us all