indecisive here - red or black suv?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

indecisive here - red or black suv?

hi, it's me, the woman that can't make a decision to save her life.

okay the latest, i've finally after months and months decided that i am going to go ahead and get a new toyota rav. i have fretted and fretted over this, wanting to hold on to my money "in case" i need it for something not knowing right now what my future hold or what i need it for, but...

my old rav is in such bad shape. it is 9 years old and beat to heck and back, the windows don't open, along with a lot of other things, so, time for a new one right?

well, i'm stuck on whether to get barcelona red or black?

the one i have now is black and i was all black black black until i saw the red one. it is a metallic red. anyone that wants to look here is the site...

Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories click on the rav 4 limited and click on explore and go to colors and 360 view.

the red is a bright firey red. it really stands out. no hiding in that vechile. it is pretty wild. i do love red. it is very warm and hot. new color, new life. i am just concerned that maybe in a few years i would get tired of the color?

the black is a very rich color. it is hard to keep clean and shows a ton of dirt. it looks really nice when clean but dull when dirty. i tend to keep my cars for a very long time and i know having black before that i have loved it.

so, i'm just looking for your opinions.....

barcelona red or black?????????????? thanks

this not being able to make a decision and commit to anything really drives me crazy!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love red.
Always gives me a cheerful and energetic feeling!
It's a win-win situation so you could just flip a coin.
If you're disappointed with what the coin tells you then you actually knew all along what color you really wanted!
HAVE FUN!!!!
Peace,
B.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I say black, but keeping it clean may be a challenge.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmmmmmm NYC chick - just based on your screename I knew you would vote for black!!!

Peace,
--B.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

I like the silver colors. They show less dirt and I like the way they look when the sun hits them. I love Toyotas!

I would say black too. It's more classic. Have fun with your new car!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

RED RED RED RED RED::

bigcry
Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
I love red.
Always gives me a cheerful and energetic feeling!
As do I but that... cheerful and energetic feeling!
per the insurance companies and police reports tell us that red cars in some way have people drive faster (or maybe are seen quicker so they get more tickets*LOL*)

As for repairs if ever needed..black comes out of an autobody looking better then other colors.

Only thing I don't like about black...the road dirt shows faster.

I have a white truck, A black car, a purple motorcycle.

I miss my red fastback Plymouth and my red van though *LOL*
Old 04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Black 4-ev, dude!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Black is usually my first choice but given the type of vehicle go Red only because it's a Rav. They are fun looking vehicles. Go for the red.

Black if it were a Honda CRV or X3 or a Mazda not sure the model name.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have a silver 4 runner. I have always wanted a black car but the dirt/door dings showing up bother me....I have always had a silver car....sooo practical. From your post, it sounds like TODAY you want RED. You can write down on a calendar what color you wanted on each day for a week or two and get the color that you decided on most...does that make sense? Good luck! How exciting!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you all, what great thoughts. it is really helping me with my decision. i'm still sitting on it and waiting till i really think i've made up my mind. i drove to the dealership today and looked again at the black rav (the red was gone because it belonged to the salesman's girlfriends parents) and so i only saw the black. it was funny there were too black ravs. one was dirty and i didn't like it looked dull, but then i drove around and there was another one clean and shiny and i loved it, grrr...

nochoice, what a creative idea. getting up in the morning and saying okay, black or red rav sitting out side ...which do i want to drive today? and do that for about two weeks like you said and see which wins -lol. very creative!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I vote for silver, won't get tired of it.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

is car insurance higher on red?

i did think that i heard somewhere that you pay higher insurance rates for red. does anyone know? i'm going to call and ask. that maybe the deciding factor right there.

it shouldn't be this hard to choose between two colors.

humm, lets see, today i think i would have drove the red one to work, but i'm in a black mood. does that make sense? i think i would have driven the red to try and get me outof it.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had a red SUV and loved it, black shows every speck of dirt and is too hot in the summer for me.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I vote silver too! Loved my silver Jetta, NEVER looked dirty!! But your talking to a girl that was totaled in 2 red Jeeps....yikes talk about bad luck for me! And i think the cops scope out the red ones first lol, just a thought if you are a speedy one as i am too!!!!! lol
Old 04-14-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

As far as higher insurance for Red... I've never been asked the color of the vehicle...
Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Prospect

Go for the red its a safer color that black and grays, the dark colors tend to blend into the the color of the roads which make you harder to see. Reds and yellows are a much safer color. And with all of the BoZos on the roads today talking on their cell phones and doing everything else but paying attention to the road and traffic we need all the advantages we can give our selves.
enjoy your new ride what ever color you decide on.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cmc

RED I'm pretty sure that they don't go by color anymore when it comes to insurance rating. I have a red car and a black truck btw. The car is mine...when I couldn't decide between the red or blue...the salesman told me that my eyes lit up whenever I looked at the red one. He was right, that color car makes me happy.
you said it yourself here:
the red is a bright firey red. it really stands out. no hiding in that vechile. it is pretty wild. i do love red. it is very warm and hot. new color, new life