Some ideas for party!

Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Some ideas for party!

Ok I'm helping my girlfriend with my God daughters birthday party this weekend-We are doing a "Fairy" tea party. We are going to have a scavenger hunt-printed out Lily pads, Wings etc.....we want to put clues etc...on them-I think we are so drained from getting ready for this we have run out of ideas for the clues! I would love some help/ideas from you guys! Thank you all in advanced!

Ready set go.............

Last edited by Rella927; 04-11-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

God, not my strong suit at all, but I wanted to wish you a happy party anyway.

If I think of something, I'll post!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did a quick Google on fairy quotes: Fairy Quotes, Sayings about Fairies (aka Faery, Faerie, Faeries)

Read some of them that might work. I'd read some quotes and see if you can make something fit them, instead of the other way around.

Have fun!

(Thinking of you, Rella)
Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rella
How old is your God daughter going to be? That will be helpful to know to help with clues so that we can make age appropriate suggestions! It sounds like GREAT fun!
hugs
Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sounds like fun Rella, I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Is it going to be outdoors? Maybe you could hide some things for them to find. Fake plastic jewels, wands?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Denny awesome thank you sweets! I'm so busy at work today and DUH :rof did not think of doing a search like that! (Actually the thought was probably there just not processed yet) Thank You

KindEyes she will be 8-such a great age they are all like little prima Donna's!

Astro we are hoping it does not rain and we can do it outside-The tea party however with the little petit fours will be inside!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey rella-
Every New Year's Eve I make a scavenger hunt for my sons - started when they were like 3 and 7 and still do it now - they love it (they are 13 and 17!!) It has become part of our family New Year's ritual.

Actually I guess its more of a treasure hunt as I hide the little goodies (candy, socks, silly toys).

But I make about 7 - 8 "clue cards" on index cards and I make the clues rhyme, with the last word left blank so they have to figure it out. I set it all up in order and hide a card w/ each treasure and that gives them the next clue, etc.

I mean I am pretty lame but they go something like this (and kids will love it NO matter what you write!!)

Here is a place to lay your head
Find a clue under Grandma's __________.

(bed!)

and then they run and look under grandma's bed and get a treasure and another clue

I'm so thirsty I need a drink
I'll take my glass to the kitchen_________

(sink)

I mean with a little more time and creativity (and those quotes Denny found!!) you could be very clever.

The final treasure is usually a pinata or when the weather is just horrible I have grandma setting up those sparkler candles in a cake and time it so that they are lit in the dark kitchen as the last treasure.

Have fun!
B.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bernadette awesome! Thank you! My girlfriend has been doing so much this week with all of thise between buying straw hats for them to decorate with pretty flowers to other crafts and now cooking etc... this was a big help!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

I don't have any good ideas for you, but just wanted to say that sounds like such a cool idea!

They are going to love the theme for the party!3
Old 04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

another fun idea - since they are eight - if you haven't done the "cake" thing yet - is to do cupcakes and the "Fairies" have to hunt for the decorations for their own cupcake . . .

the individual bags of skittles, m&m's, small pkgs of sprinkles, tubes of icing, and of course - Pixie's straws!!!!!!!!

this is also a good thing to do if the weather is bad outside and you need to occupy their little hands - line the kitchen table (and the floor) with a disposable table cloth - make sure everyone has on a old t-shirt (borrow some old shirts from dads or big brothers) and let them have fun decorating the cup cakes - of course if you have the pan to make the larger cup cakes that is even better.

take lots of pictures as you see their faces in deep concentration trying to decorate - tell them there is a prize for the neatest cupcake (that way you don't have candy thrown everywhere!!) -

If you have a digital camera & a printer at home - you can send every girl home with a picture of her & her creation!!

Have fun & Happy Birthday to your Godchild!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

There are lots of great ideas for parties (even tea parties) on MarthaStewart.com. Check out her website. There's a link for parties for children.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Face painting! With GLITTER!