A little "slip"

Old 04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little "slip"

Maybe I'm being to harsh too hard on myself. So, the ex texts me last night, apparently I would have gotten it just as I was walking in the door from work based on the timestamp, but I was busy chatting here and didn't work yesterday, the phone was in the bedroom charging, I didn't hear it buzz on vibrate mode.

Asking me if I needed a ride to the airport, eight minutes later complaining I'm ignoring her. Background, we all travel in the same circles, I know her Dad, her Dad and the skipper of the boat I crew on for racing are friends/acquaintances, they've know each other for decades. Saturday I'm at my skippers house, he casually mentions going to Mexico for a regatta at the end of the month. Wow! Didn't know he was doing it this year, I knew her DAD was going to be there.

I figure her Dad must have talked to her sometime between last night and Saturday when I talked to my skipper, and maybe mentioned the fact that I was going to be there. My ex knows I'm doing this regatta, I had already arranged for a lift to the airport with my Dad, she works during the day and I wouldn't dream of asking ANYONE to take a day off work to do something as mundane as that.

Any hook will do, I guess. I texted her back, explaining that I had left the phone in the other room and didn't hear it buzz, and that I wasn't expecting to hear from her in any event-not so soon anyways, but I didn't mention that. This was probably 2 hours after she sent her messages.

The slip? Have been reading that post "Are you wondering when the pain stops?" I sent her an email early in the am with a copy, nothing else.

Her first response was:

Are you experiencing pain? Is that why you sent this?

The second, 13 minutes later:

I offered you a ride and this is your response? I guess you don't need a ride. Take care John

And I feel better, I realize that I didn't send her this to effect some kind of change in her, but to tell her in no uncertain terms where I'm coming from.

I deserve better, but if I stay in these types of relationships then that IS what I deserve.

Last edited by sailorjohn; 04-01-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bravo! Keep up the good work.