lots of things

Old 02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeangel View Post
i don't want to
Then don't. You don't need anyone to tell you what to do. Trust yourself.

L
Old 02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As you said earlier:

so much of my marriage was spent in a competition with ah. it's not even about that anymore. unfortunately for him it is still who is right or wrong, he's still carrying blame and resentment, and still competing. i'm not. i just want to be happy and do the right thing....
So what if he "blames" you. (For what, I'm not clear) You're done playing that game, right?

I hope you go do something fun this week so you aren't even home if he calls. Problem solved!

L
Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

just want your opinions on whether or not to take his phone calls if he calls this week. i don't want to, but i'm sure it will then be my fault for not taking the calls (if he calls) and then once again he will put the blame on me.

any ideas how to handle this?

IMHO, if you don't want to talk to him you don't have to. He will try to blame you, but you don't have to accept it. You need space for you, time for you to get your head clear and your heart to mend. If he won't understand that, then he is not the loving person you deserve. If he "blames" you for trying to take care of you, he is merely trying to manipulate you into doing something you don't want to do, and that is selfish on his part.

Again, just my opinion.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

latee, i'm laughing right now because do you know that as soon as i wrote that i knew you would call me on it funny i can predict your responses sometimes even before you respond. again, thanks friend. and yes, i'm back in perspective, i am going to try and do just that something fun for me this weekend your the best!

oh and, another reoccuring theme "trust yourself" funny i was just preaching this to someone else this week. guess it is time for me to heed my own words

minnel, awesome response too -thank you!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

thing is i've never lied to ah and i know that if the tables were turned i wouldn't want him going with another woman to a concert while we're still married. but i big part of me doesn't even feel guilty anymore because ah gave up on the marriage a long time ago, lies to me, and i don't know where he is at till 4:30 in the morning. he's having an affair with alchold most nights. it's such a double standerd. ah and i don't even talk anymore and i can see real men that have interest in me. the other guy i have mentioned before is still around too.
This is the same type of justification alcoholics do in their minds when they're about to partake in some activity that will hurt themselves and their family. They're trying to justify their drinking. You're trying to justify infidelity. In both instances, it's unhealthy, harms others, and leads to heartbreak.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

true

agreed fdt. it's a good thing i have people here to keep me on track. consider my sponsors called BEFORE i pick up that drink
Old 02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Talking

he was drinking last night in the basement, so no words were spoken yesterday either?????????????.
All this great advice on the previous posts, and this quote is what "jumped" out to me..... my AH drinks in the garage, for hours and hours.......

Now that I've got that out, I can get back to working on myself!

Shivaya
Old 02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SHIVAYA View Post
my AH drinks in the garage, for hours and hours.......
That's what mine did, too. When I think about what my life used to be like, compared to how it is now, I shake my head in disbelief. And reminders like this keep me from getting all nostalgic about the "good times." Thanks for that.

L
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi LTD, I was just going over my "old" posts and noticed that I owed you a "you're welcome".

Shivaya